Black
    2002 Camaro SS

New to the board

Hello all. I've finally signed up for this board after owning my car for almost 5 years now. I have a 2002 black SS. It has all the SLP options along with sub frame connectors, hooker long tube headers and off road Y pipe. I want to add a procharger and a nice set of aftermarket wheels. I want something a little wider in the back with a 18 or 19 inch wheel. Does anyone know what's the biggest wheel I can put on the car without running into problems? Also, anyone have a procharger on their car? Pros/cons of adding it? Thanks for oyur help and I'll be posting agan soon as soon as I can figure this board out. I'll also add some pictures of the toys. Thanks

Scott

navy blue metallic
    1998 camaro ss vert

hello, welcome! I have 17" front and 18" rear zo6's and we had to do the bfh mod to get them to fit with out rubbing go to my "new girl" post and you'll see what they look like, personally I would'nt go bigger than that or it starts to look like you sent your car to pimp my ride. just an opinion I think my rear tires are 11.5" wide, they're pretty fat almost as wide as my ol' man's drags on his 67 prostreet.
    Last edited by purdybaby98; 07-04-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Welcome!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what the hell-they have f bodies in alaska?!

Black
    1997 Chevy Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska SS View Post
    Hello all. I've finally signed up for this board after owning my car for almost 5 years now. I have a 2002 black SS. It has all the SLP options along with sub frame connectors, hooker long tube headers and off road Y pipe. I want to add a procharger and a nice set of aftermarket wheels. I want something a little wider in the back with a 18 or 19 inch wheel. Does anyone know what's the biggest wheel I can put on the car without running into problems? Also, anyone have a procharger on their car? Pros/cons of adding it? Thanks for oyur help and I'll be posting agan soon as soon as I can figure this board out. I'll also add some pictures of the toys. Thanks

Scott
    Welcome! Im new too

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Yup, we have camaros in Alaska. Believe it or not we have three decked out SLP SS's and a Firehawk in Anchorage alone. Here I thought I would be the only one...fat chance.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

There are also a hand full of WS6 Firebirds also up here. This is a quick shot of mine. As soon as my new clutch gets installed I'll have better ones to post. Glad to see some more Anchorage people here.

Attachment 5505

Attachment 5506
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 07-29-2006 at 06:39 AM.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

So you're in Eagle River huh? Do you know if any of the F-Body guys in Anchorage get together? I've seen a couple around but can never seem to hook up with anyone so I spend most of my time on the bike instead of in the car. Kinda sucks. I really miss the car scene and it seems all we have here is the wanna be 10 second civics.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

man, that's gotta be a small community.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

As far as I know there are no f-body gatherings. I am a member of one of the local car clubs that welcome all classic, muscle cars, and street rods. I usually end up edjucating them about what these cars are and how few they built, and they then understand why someone has a newer car, I am also building a 1974 camaro and after getting my 2001 firebird I know exactly how it needs to be built. They have a thursday night cruise and put on some car shows through the summer, but I'm usually the only firebird there. There are also 2 35th ann. camaros out in Wasilla, and a collector edition firebird. But the firebird guy thinks he's better then everyone and blew me off when I tried to ask about his car. The fast and furious honda crowd has died off some compaired to what it use to be.
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 07-06-2006 at 06:50 AM.

Black
    99 SS

how often do you get to drive your cars?

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

In a good summer like the last two, (which is from the end of april until the end of august for me). I put 10,000 miles on last summer alone. Due to my 100 mile round trip to work. I've changed jobs to something alot closer (30 miles round trip) because of the price of gas. OUCH!!!!!!!! This summer hasn't had as many real sunny days, and because of my slipping clutch I've only been able to drive it 3 times. Which sucks. The new clutch is going in in the morning and be drivable by lunch time. Just in time for possible rain showers, so it is going to be locked in my shop until I can get it home without getting wet.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Man, if you ever have a get together and want some late model company let me know. I haven't hung out with the car crowd since I got the SS. When I picked the car up I had it shipped to Holland rite away. It was cool having the car in Holland since the Dutch didn't have a clue what it was. They treated it like is was a Ferarri or something. Kind of cool but it kind of sucked being the only one. After Holland I'm back in Alaska and have spent most of my time on the bike since I couldn't find a late model car crowd. I've talked to Rob at the Valley Sales and Service store and he's one heck of a late model guy. He just put a set of headers and Y pipe on my car and did a great job. I still need to get a clamp put on one of the connections to get rid of a small leak. No big deal and I'll get to it once I get a break from work. Anyway, let me know if you ever want to get together.

Black
    99 SS

that blows man, i can drive mine pretty much all year round here except when it snows like twice a year

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Zboner, I bet when you get your twice a year snow, everything shuts down! Right. Up here we always laugh at those type of places.
    AkSS, The last time I saw Rob's Firebird at the drag strip he ran a mid 10 second pass.
    I'll send you a pm with details as I get them on some shows. The next one I am looking forward to going to is Aug. 5. It's an evening show.

Thread Information