Orange
    2010 Camaro SS

Smile LS-2 Over the LS-1

Hi,

I have an 05 GTO, 6-speed, Comp Cam, Lingenfelter Cold Air, SLP Headers, GHL Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Eibach 32mm front/21mm rear Anti-Roll Bar Kit and a great HP tune.

My next mod is a 3.91 rear that's on it's way from austrailia now. I'm sure a clutch and carbon fiber drive shaft will follow next.

The car is running great and I'm moving to Honolulu with it in October. I'm looking forward to eating some ricers there.

Awaiting Activation
    Welcome! and nice car. How much power are you making? Like 420 rwhp?? Don't really car for you title though.

Orange
    2010 Camaro SS

Hard Title

Sorry,

I sure don't have anything against the LS-1's. I'm just excited about having something a little faster. I haven't had the GTO dyno'd yet but, I've beat every Camaro SS, GTO and Corvette that I've raced so far. But, I'm sure there's a nitrous monster out there just waiting to eat me alive though. I'm a good looser and/or winner, it's all just fun. I really like getting out and meeting the other people that are car people, reguardless of what they drive. The title of my thread was there just to get more replies to my post.
    Last edited by cybernco; 08-20-2006 at 07:42 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by cybernco View Post
    Sorry,

I sure don't have anything against the LS-1's. I'm just excited about having something a little faster. I haven't had the GTO dyno'd yet but, I've beat every Camaro SS, GTO and Corvette that I've raced so far. But, I'm sure there's a nitrous monster out there just waiting to eat me alive though. I'm a good looser and/or winner, it's all just fun. I really like getting out and meeting the other people that are car people, reguardless of what they drive. The title of my thread was there just to get more replies to my post.
    I would be more than happy to run your mighty LS2 in my little ole LS1 f-body. If you're ever in the columbus area let me know. Might wanna get some more mods first.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

id be happy to run ya as well...stop by rochester,ny ....and no spray or boost here...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Top Speed on Oahu = not very fast

I'm happy for you, but have you ever been to Honolulu? Unless things have changed since I was there two years ago, good luck finding a road that matches your cars performance level. HI, H2, & H3 were all packed everytime I got on them, and forget it on streets in Honolulu and Waikiki. You've got a heavy car for the shorter runs that are the norm there. Won't be many high speed passes available there I bet. I 'm attaching a photo of the fastest car I saw while I was there (Police Mustang with a little itty bitty blue light). Does Oahu even have a drag strip? What's 93 octane gas there now? Like $4.00 a gallon or something?

Anyway, maybe you make copious amounts of money so that doesn't matter. Good luck with your LS2.

Last pic was going to Pearl Harbor around 0615 hrs. Maybe that's your chance!!!
    Last edited by jad628; 09-27-2006 at 03:40 AM.

Orange
    2010 Camaro SS

Honolulu

I was stationed at Fort Shafter from 1996 to 2000 and now I'm going back! I've got family and friends there.

You're right about being able to really open it up. That was one on the deciding factors in ordering the 3.91 ring & pinion. I still enjoy the stop light to stop light racing. H3 was pretty open when I was there. Is it more conjested now? Hawaii Raceway Park has a quarter mile strip. Check out the hrpdragracing website.

aPerfectTransAM
    welcome

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cybernco View Post
    I was stationed at Fort Shafter from 1996 to 2000 and now I'm going back! I've got family and friends there.

You're right about being able to really open it up. That was one on the deciding factors in ordering the 3.91 ring & pinion. I still enjoy the stop light to stop light racing. H3 was pretty open when I was there. Is it more conjested now? Hawaii Raceway Park has a quarter mile strip. Check out the hrpdragracing website.
    I was only there as a tourist. My first set of orders in the early eighties was for Schofield Barracks, but then got immediately changed to Ft. Carson and then Ft. Campbell. I always wanted to see Hawaii, specifically Pearl Harbor, but the enlisted guys I knew in the Army said it was definitely an expensive place for junior NCO's to live.

Glad you have a 1/4 to go get frisky on.

Here's as close as I ever got to Schofield Barracks (a pic I took from a helicopter).
    Last edited by jad628; 09-27-2006 at 03:40 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Welcome man....you'll find some highly modified GTO's in the GTO section of LS1.Com....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Welcome man....you'll find some highly modified GTO's in the GTO section of LS1.Com....

^^^^^^^^^^

His being one of the baddest.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

welcome
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Orange
    2010 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    id be happy to run ya as well...stop by rochester,ny ....and no spray or boost here...
    Win or loose racing is fun! You don't have an LS-1 though. I have always admired the 383's for their power to cost value. I think the 402 is my next goal though. Have you ever met anyone with the 402 yet? I've only chatted them on forums. I think it's my next goal though.

I'm not sure if I ever posted my current MODs: Comp Cams XR275HR, 3.91 rear end, SLP Long Tube Headers, GLH Exhaust, Lingenfelter CAI and a great HP Tune. I've still got the stock LS2 243 heads. It's a lot faster than stock, but cubic inches make up for a lot. What heads are you running?

Thread Information