Burgundy
    1953 Ford F100

Kuwait junk yards littered with LT1s and LS1s

Hello everyone

I'm a first time poster and wanted to pass on what I got to see today. I recently retired from the Air Force after 27 years and decided to try the contractor thing out in Kuwaiti doing the same thing I did on active duty. While I was gone I left my 53 Ford F100 with my 16 year old (OK it has a 350 under the hood with a 700R4 and a 10 bolt and yes its my daily driver) but with gas prices rising it was time to think about switching to a FI verses a carb. My son found an LT1 with T56 out of a 97 Camero for $1,000 and this came with nearly the entrie front clip (rear impact). I gave him the money and started a search here in Kuwait for an LT4 factory setup to take back to NC with me in October. As I searched the many junk yards it was amazing to see dozens of LT1 intakes and heads scattered in the yards. There were LS1 intakes stacked 5 high and 5 wide and my friend and I saw many LS1s and one fresh LS6, all for under a grand with all accessories. There are so many parts here its not funny but I only found one LT4 setup in car with LT7 on the side??? Anyone ever heard of such a thing? Prices are pretty good its the shipping that's a pain.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Bill "moko4ever" the Matchbox car collector

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

green

WELCOME I AM LOOKING FOR A LS1 OR A LT1 AND A TRANNY FOR MY 94.AND WHAT CAN YOU GET ONE FOR THESE DAYS.I JUST WANT TO DRIVE MINE.

Burgundy
    1953 Ford F100

Quote Originally Posted by david l View Post
    WELCOME I AM LOOKING FOR A LS1 OR A LT1 AND A TRANNY FOR MY 94.AND WHAT CAN YOU GET ONE FOR THESE DAYS.I JUST WANT TO DRIVE MINE.
    David 1

Well me as a "western" the price is of course higher than the locals pay. That said a set of undanaged LT1 heads and intake run about $175 and and LS1 intake runs $85 each. I'm sure they can go much lower it just having someone to speak Arabic for me. I saw T56s all over the place along with the LT1s and I failed to mention these are not damaged as these folks here like to total a car while its still in its prime. A wrecked car on the high value end is just written off and a new one bought. It must be nice to have government subsidized insurance even if you have several wrecks.....around $100 a year for full coverage!!! We could only wish. I could look into shipping these back by DHL and if someone really wants a certain part that can go my mail I'm willing to check it out on my one day off a week. I would prefer pictures so I know what I'm looking for but please no parts before 1990.........Sadam did not leave anything including junk behind.

Bill

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by moko4ever View Post
    David 1

Well me as a "western" the price is of course higher than the locals pay. That said a set of undanaged LT1 heads and intake run about $175 and and LS1 intake runs $85 each. I'm sure they can go much lower it just having someone to speak Arabic for me. I saw T56s all over the place along with the LT1s and I failed to mention these are not damaged as these folks here like to total a car while its still in its prime. A wrecked car on the high value end is just written off and a new one bought. It must be nice to have government subsidized insurance even if you have several wrecks.....around $100 a year for full coverage!!! We could only wish. I could look into shipping these back by DHL and if someone really wants a certain part that can go my mail I'm willing to check it out on my one day off a week. I would prefer pictures so I know what I'm looking for but please no parts before 1990.........Sadam did not leave anything including junk behind.

Bill

what did saddam have to do with Kuwait, and their junker cars?

Burgundy
    1953 Ford F100

Saddam took everything right down to the palm trees that were dug up and now line many of the roads into Baghdad, needless to say scrap metal and available vehicles also disappeared.

green

I NEED THE MOTOR AND TRANNY.I WANT A LS1 BUT YOU NO HOW SOME POCKITS ANT THAT DEEP. SO A LT1 WOULD WORK THANKS.

Thread Information