Just starting out.

Hey, I'm new to the site (sorta, lurked every now and then for a long time). Anyway, I used to own a 91 Firebird and loved it to death. Well, I grew older and so did the car, so I grabbed a (I want to puke) 99 Mercury Sable. In fairness, because I do hate all that is Ford, it was a hell of a deal and has done great in the time I've owned. With that said, 4 doors are for old farts and I'm not old.

I'm looking to buy a 02 Camaro soon. When I do, I would like to turn it into a great street carving machine. I figure that I'm going to have to change out the tires, suspension, sway bars -front/back, etc. I want the car not to ride overly harsh and be able to handle pot holes still within reason.

Any suggestions (links included if possible) would be greatly apperciated. One final note, I'm not touching the motor on this one. I played alot with the 91 Firebird and was killing opponents that theres no way I should be killing, but I paid for it in the end with seeing its death at 137,000 miles (engine and tranny were shot by the time I was done with it). This time it's all about making a great handling road car.

By the way, does anyone make a carbon fiber hood for the 02 Camaro that looks pretty much stock? I know, sounds crazy and possibly stupid, however I figure it could lose the weight up front and help the steering.

Thanks for having me and thanks for the advice in advance.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Welcome to LS1.com

Thread Information