Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Got IT...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Just Got IT...

I'm pretty excited....I had a 1995 Black TA and to make a long story short...1987 Suburban = Totaled 1995 TA...

So, I was driving a Nissan Xterra and I had to get another TA....

I found a 1998 Red TA Convertible WS6 Ram Air, 18k Miles, 1 owner, HAD TO BUY..

I love this car!! I wouldn't want anything else.

Red
    2001 ws6

very nice man congrats and welcome to the site! My red ws6 has 19k miles....u got me beat haha wud u pay? M6 or A4?

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Welcome, good to see another red vert.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

pewter
    2002 camaro z28

yes welcome to the site and good looking TA

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Thanks Fellas,

I paid $12,500. I was looking for something cheaper but as soon as I saw it...I had to get it

Red
    1998 Trans Am

It was well worth the extra money!!

Black
    1998 Trans Am

is it an automatic or manual

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

awesome buy man. . . gotta love the verts!!!

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Auto....id like to have Manual but i had a manual Nissan a while back and it got a little old. Although, i cant compare the Nissan to this...

The auto isn't bad, I also would prefer the m6 in mine but the shift points are well set on the 4l60e and it'll be faster than the m6 on the strip, especially if you throw in a trans brake.

Red
    2001 ws6

do you plan on keeping the miles down? Either way 12500 is a good deal

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Sweet looking T/A! Welcome to the site.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Ya, i really wanna take it to college with me. But thats about 150 miles away and I travel home too often. My GF, same hometown n college just got a brand new cobalt a year and a half ago. She already has more miles than I do due to the trip to college. So, im gonna drive it on the weekends and summer time...

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by NicksTA View Post
    Ya, i really wanna take it to college with me. But thats about 150 miles away and I travel home too often. My GF, same hometown n college just got a brand new cobalt a year and a half ago. She already has more miles than I do due to the trip to college. So, im gonna drive it on the weekends and summer time...
    Atleast you have enough willpower to resist to drive yours.

I drive mine everywhere, I love driving my z/28. Whenever me and my girlfriend go out we always take mine(shes learned to just accept it), she doesnt even ask to take hers anymore.

I wish I wasn't so addicted to driving mine because it does have quite a few miles on it, 182xxx, but it still pulls strong and purrs like a kitten. Sadly,lol, that doesn't deter me from not driving it and keeping miles off of it. The way I look at it though is, I bought it to drive it, and its safe to say I do drive it, everywhere!

My girlfriends '04 Altima has just a hair over 100xxx, it's a sharp little car don't get me wrong. It's just nowhere near as fun to drive as mine.

I don't see anything wrong with adding miles unless you plan to trade in/sell/get rid of your car at some point. I don't, I plan to keep it forever and I mean it. Miles are in a sense a way to show your affection to your car, the more you put on there yourself the more you love your car. I saw this thing on TV once, there was this old lady with a 70 camaro, had over 1 million miles on it, she was the original owner and just drove it to work every day since she got it and still does today. That's a beautiful story and it ought to serve as a source of inspiration to all of us. Don't trade them, if something breaks just use it as an excuse for an upgrade. "Well what do you know the rear end went out, well looks like I'll have to give moser engineering a call and see about that 12 bolt." or "Oh what do you know the engine died, well looks like I'll have to call gm and see if they've got a ls7 for me."

None

Very Nice!

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with adding miles unless you plan to trade in/sell/get rid of your car at some point. I don't, I plan to keep it forever and I mean it. Miles are in a sense a way to show your affection to your car, the more you put on there yourself the more you love your car. I saw this thing on TV once, there was this old lady with a 70 camaro, had over 1 million miles on it, she was the original owner and just drove it to work every day since she got it and still does today. That's a beautiful story and it ought to serve as a source of inspiration to all of us. Don't trade them, if something breaks just use it as an excuse for an upgrade. "Well what do you know the rear end went out, well looks like I'll have to give moser engineering a call and see about that 12 bolt." or "Oh what do you know the engine died, well looks like I'll have to call gm and see if they've got a ls7 for me."
    I'll never sell my z/28.

Like you mentioned, when/if somethin major goes wrong with it, it'll be my excuse to upgrade the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    I'll never sell my z/28.

Like you mentioned, when/if somethin major goes wrong with it, it'll be my excuse to upgrade the part.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    "Oh what do you know the engine died, well looks like I'll have to call gm and see if they've got a ls7 for me."
    mmmmm.... LS7.... It must mean you really love your car when the price of the crate engine exceeds what you likely paid for the vehicle.... we should all show our love and give the birds the LS7's this valentines day.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

haha, i would love to...but im a broke college student. I already spent too much on this as it is. But it was the best buy I've EVER made. But for a little while. I have to focus on a place to stay, wedding, children in a few years....Things like that.

Also, I go to a pretty small college and I will bring it here a few times, But I never drive while Im at college. All I do is drive a couple highway hours and then park it for a 2/3 weeks till the next drive home. So I figure I can drive it all weekend / all summer and still get pretty much the same use but save some major miles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information