Thread: I'm new, im 16

black
    2004 srt-4

I'm new, im 16

I'm 16 and i currnetly own a srt-4 and i want to sell it and buy a ws6 thats at my dads work. I just really like v8s and and eveything about them. My friends have a few f bodys and i love them, so i want one, lol. The only thing standing in my way is my parents saying no.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by stlws6 View Post
    I'm 16 and i currnetly own a srt-4 and i want to sell it and buy a ws6 thats at my dads work. I just really like v8s and and eveything about them. My friends have a few f bodys and i love them, so i want one, lol. The only thing standing in my way is my parents saying no.
    welcome to the site... have you done any thing to make your parents think you'd be irresponsible with one??? do you have the money to buy one??? if you do it isn't thier choice... but if they have ot co-sign on a loan then it is... also at your age with the insurance rates you'd probably be paying near $4,000 a year for insurance... you're conisdered as a high risk...

black
    2004 srt-4

no, my parents trust me i havent got an speeding ticket or anything, no accidents. And is insurance for a ws6 that much more than a srt-4? im paying b/w $900-1000 ever 6 months depending on grades. And they co-signed on the loan

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

no, my parents trust me i havent got an speeding ticket or anything, no accidents. And is insurance for a ws6 that much more than a srt-4? im paying b/w $900-1000 ever 6 months depending on grades. And they co-signed on the loan
    i was guessing it would be around there...

that is what i pay for mine and i'm 29 years old...

insurance is a bitch... you pay them not to use it... then when you need to use it them jerk ass bastages raise your rate and make you pay a dedeuctable...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

no, my parents trust me i havent got an speeding ticket or anything, no accidents.
    i hope not..how long have you been driving? a year tops?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

but shit go for it..they are beautiful cars..just be prepared to spend out the ass for maintenance ect. turn signal sockets,tires,speakers,tranny,rear end, gas,window motors. these cars are great..but they take money to keep them there..they are all almost 10 years old.

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

im 16 and got my 98 z28 decemeber of 07, insurance is costly because the v8, and that its a sports car which jacks it way up. You have to remember that kids are age mostly drive like inmature little kids, in other words they dont know how to drive worth a shit ... thats why insurance costs just keep going up and up for teenage drivers and takes money out of the 10 out of 10,000 teenagers that can acutally drive responsably which is unfair ... Gas is also expensive, i baby the hell out of my car so i put highest grade which is 93 octane here which is at $4.30 a gallon. Also people are going to know you have a fast car so theres going to be a ton of ricers that are going to try to race you which i think everybody that owns a v8 camaro, trans am or ws6 knows that lol

Black
    99 Firehawk T/A

good trade off going form a rt4 to ws6, hope you get it

black
    2004 srt-4

yea the main reason why im wanting to sell my srt-4 is because ever since i have owned it, its only given my promblems.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28importslayer View Post
    im 16 and got my 98 z28 decemeber of 07, insurance is costly because the v8, and that its a sports car which jacks it way up. You have to remember that kids are age mostly drive like inmature little kids, in other words they dont know how to drive worth a shit ... thats why insurance costs just keep going up and up for teenage drivers and takes money out of the 10 out of 10,000 teenagers that can acutally drive responsably which is unfair ... Gas is also expensive, i baby the hell out of my car so i put highest grade which is 93 octane here which is at $4.30 a gallon. Also people are going to know you have a fast car so theres going to be a ton of ricers that are going to try to race you which i think everybody that owns a v8 camaro, trans am or ws6 knows that lol
    That's cheap as hell...gas dropped 20 cents here so now it's $4.27 for the cheapest 87 you can find at the back ally pump.

Oh and welcome to the board!

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    That's cheap as hell...gas dropped 20 cents here so now it's $4.27 for the cheapest 87 you can find at the back ally pump.

Oh and welcome to the board!
    its 3.83 here for 87... feels cheap...
    but to the op... insurance on the t/a should be less than the srt-4... since the srt was a turbo car... its funky how they rate it... i went for gasmileage and my gti costs more then my t/a did... since its a turbo car
    too bad the turbo is the size of my pinky and has no balls

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome to the site go for it if your a responsible young guy I don’t see why not just make sure you respect the power you have.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

black
    2004 srt-4

yea i really want one i havent had my srt-4 too long, i wish i would have went with a
    ws6!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

yea i really want one i havent had my srt-4 too long, i wish i would have went with a
    ws6!
    SRT-4 are fast little cars

black
    2004 srt-4

yea they are but i want another v8, and rear wheel drive and plus the whole time i have owned mine it hasnt ran right you get on it and it falls on its face i think it has a boost leak? its the fuel is getting cut off

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

yea they are but i want another v8, and rear wheel drive and plus the whole time i have owned mine it hasnt ran right you get on it and it falls on its face i think it has a boost leak? its the fuel is getting cut off
    i had the same damn problem on my 240sx... the damn couplers were too weak and too much air pressure cause one to rupture... couldnt see it... and finally foundit... check all your intake tubing an couplers for leaks first... it sucks ass to find but just pour water on it while revvingslightly and see if it bubbles i guess... that will help

black
    2004 srt-4

ok ill try that, once it gets fixed i putting it up for sale

Thread Information