Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I want my old name back.

This is a discussion on I want my old name back. within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the Site Feedback / Administrative Requests category; Cool, I'll check in for sure. I know there are a lot of DFWers with those LS1 thingies....

Here for the free beer Nestromo's Avatar

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

Cool, I'll check in for sure. I know there are a lot of DFWers with those LS1 thingies.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nestromo View Post
    I'm hoping to have it ready for next season. It won't be much of an 1/8 mile car with the stock converter, but try to catch me on the highway.

I'm going to need to build a transmission for it sooner than later. I have a feeling it's not going to like the ET Streets to much. As for power, I'm not going to shoot for the moon or anything. I think 400 at the tires through an automatic should get it done proper for the time being. Should be a lot of fun on the street.
    sounds good to me... once i get my cam in... most likely after you get your turbo done... i should be around even with you.. i got the cam... just dont got the money for install yet...

Silver

Cool, I'll check in for sure. I know there are a lot of DFWers with those LS1 thingies.
    yeah a few of us... i got a lot of buddies not on this site as well... two of which went to unt... for a semester.. then dropped out of school...

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    sounds good to me... once i get my cam in... most likely after you get your turbo done... i should be around even with you.. i got the cam... just dont got the money for install yet...
    Who are you having put it in? Get your LS1 work done at Simple Quick. Great guys, very skilled. They might end up with the responsibility of doing my turbo kit if I decide against doing it myself. They are definately going to be in charge of the tune.

Silver

Who are you having put it in? Get your LS1 work done at Simple Quick. Great guys, very skilled. They might end up with the responsibility of doing my turbo kit if I decide against doing it myself. They are definately going to be in charge of the tune.
    i trust my car only to rpm... its not only a money issue... i just want to get my car paid down a lil more before i install.. just bought the cam on agreat deal.. it should go in this summer though... whne im out of school and getting good hours... im expecting about 410rwhp... right now im at 353 untuned and all... got a set of heads to be ported too..

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

Sheeit, you will be making more than 400 at the tires through a 6spd with heads/cam if it's got the tune put to it. That is going to be a stout car. My roommate (hired gun) drove my '94 Z to a best of 8.48@84 with only 279 RWHP. I will like to see what your car is capable of. If you want to get some hook out of it I have some 26x10.5x16 ET Streets on TA rims that you could try out, not sure what you are rollin on now. I probably won't have them on Mustang rims by next season with all of my cash directed at fixing the weak links rather than forcing them out of hiding with slicks.

Silver

Sheeit, you will be making more than 400 at the tires through a 6spd with heads/cam if it's got the tune put to it. That is going to be a stout car. My roommate (hired gun) drove my '94 Z to a best of 8.48@84 with only 279 RWHP. I will like to see what your car is capable of. If you want to get some hook out of it I have some 26x10.5x16 ET Streets on TA rims that you could try out, not sure what you are rollin on now. I probably won't have them on Mustang rims by next season with all of my cash directed at fixing the weak links rather than forcing them out of hiding with slicks.
    yeah i have only gotten mine to go to 8.35.. im a newbie racer... i got 275 nitto 555r's... mt et's im afraid of with my rear... for now i will stick with what i got... but we will see later on... cam is 231/237 112+2 lsa... power curve is amazing on that thing... 1800-6000 rpms

Nestromo... to the mini TX Train... click here http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...70338&page=179

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

yeah i have only gotten mine to go to 8.35.. im a newbie racer... i got 275 nitto 555r's... mt et's im afraid of with my rear... for now i will stick with what i got... but we will see later on... cam is 231/237 112+2 lsa... power curve is amazing on that thing... 1800-6000 rpms
    For about a grand Tedas Drivetrain Performance can build you a 10 bolt that will hold steep gears and a lot of abuse. My roommate and I both did pleanty of clutch dumps in that car at 5,000 RPM on slicks without a hiccup. Combine that with a potential 420RWHP or more and you have yourself one hell of an 1/8 miler. Another option would be to buy a spare from someone that bought a 12 bolt or a 9inch and just keep it around incase your stocker gives up the ghost. Stock 10 bolts are cheap and you can just break one and put another one in. What are you running for gears?

Silver

For about a grand Tedas Drivetrain Performance can build you a 10 bolt that will hold steep gears and a lot of abuse. My roommate and I both did pleanty of clutch dumps in that car at 5,000 RPM on slicks without a hiccup. Combine that with a potential 420RWHP or more and you have yourself one hell of an 1/8 miler. Another option would be to buy a spare from someone that bought a 12 bolt or a 9inch and just keep it around incase your stocker gives up the ghost. Stock 10 bolts are cheap and you can just break one and put another one in. What are you running for gears?
    i dont have the money for all that yet... nor am i racing with my parents permission... they think i just go to watch... so untill then i take it easy... they own me as long as i have them paying most of my tuition... and my gears are 3.42 i think?

B&G Custom T-70
    Laser Red '95 Mustang GT

i dont have the money for all that yet... nor am i racing with my parents permission... they think i just go to watch... so untill then i take it easy... they own me as long as i have them paying most of my tuition... and my gears are 3.42 i think?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have 3.42s.

And don't feel bad, I know what it is like to be owned by your parents' money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information