I guess I am a new bee once again....

Hi everyone, I was once a long time member here when I had a '98 Camaro Z28 and then later a '99 SS, which my user name was SS 3239. Well, I have been gone for many years and when I tried to log in with my old name...and...I was denied. So, what I have come to find out is that my old name was sometime ago and I had to re-register.

Anyway, if there are old members who remember me, here is what I have been up to. I sold my SS and went back to the Ford camp for awhile (I came to GM from Ford...forgive me), then I got tired of the endless money pit so I sold the Cobra. I spend a year or so on crotch rockets before I decide to go back to college and do something with my life. The end result is all my toys are gone but I see it as a reasonable sacrifice (sp) to obtain my degree. As of now I am a junior at the University of Georgia and anticipate graduating in December of 2007. Pending my sanity, I want to go to law school next...but we will see.

I will get back into cars or bikes once I am finally done, once the thrill is in a persons blood it never goes away!

To some up this unexpectedly long post I look forward to running into people I knew here in the past as well as meeting new people. But I probably will not post that much since school is back in session. Gotta go meet up with some people before a Corey Smith concert!

Newbie Once Again

Interesting. . . same thing here. I had a '95 Z28 and then a '98 Z28. Haven't been on this forum in quite a while, and I also was. . .

I've hanging out in Corvetteforum.com the past four years. I sold the last Camaro when I acquired my first Vette. I'm now getting ready to purchase a new car or two. Thinking about a new '06 GTO M6 and a C6 Z06. Long story, but the Z06 may come very soon.

I have a question about the GTO, and that question is whether the rear differential is the same as the 4th Generation F-body Camaro/Firebirds. If so, I'd probably like to drop the big Torsen in their ASAP if I buy the car.
    Last edited by NBM LS1 M6; 08-19-2006 at 07:26 AM. Reason: The usual

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The GTO's have independent rears. A borg warner m80 with 3.46 gears.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    The GTO's have independent rears. A borg warner m80 with 3.46 gears.
    Okay. Trying to translate that information into my main concern. I'm aware the GTO has an independent rear axle. What I'm concerned about is the posi unit. In a recent issue of GM High Tech Performance, it talked about the notion that wheel hop could cause undue torque stress that could damage the stock posi unit. I would take the GTO to the track and autox events. The stock posi units in earlier 4th Generation F-bodies (not the stock Torsen of '99 and later) would burn out after just a few autox events, so I'm wondering about the posi in the GTO and what it replacement unit would bolt in, e.g., the full race off road Torsen I had in my last F-body.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

welcome back
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information