Old man with an F-Body!!! Kajun Taz's Avatar

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

Hiya! From Central Arkansas.

So... My name is Tilden & I'm a newbie here. As far as the "About Me" stuff... I'm not sure of what to say .... I'm looking for others in my area to enjoy my 2002 WS6 with. Maybe a local club, weekend cruises, car shows, etc. I'm also able to listen and learn, so if you have some hard-learned tips/tricks about the LS1/WS6...... I'm always ready to learn new things that will keep ME from making those mistakes... LOL
    PROUD father of a United States Marine.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Welcome to the site. Any plans for the car or are you leaving it stock? Mods are infectious. Do one and you're hooked.

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

Just did the airfilter swap to a K&N. I also am awaiting the arrival of a Hypertech III programer, but not much beyond that is planned... the wallet is thin and that monthly fixed disability income won't allow for much more than the smaller items here and there.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would strongly recommend doing some reading before buying mods. The Predator would've been a much better handheld. I ran the HPP3 on mine too for a while but after having a predator for my GTO there's really no comparison. It's hands down a much better programmer and I see them used for $250 and less on a pretty regular basis. I think I paid 225 shipped for the one I use on the GTO.

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

I looked into one, but a mechanic friend of mine said that the HyperTech was a "safer" programmer to use since the car has 75,000 miles on it, and it was my first time using one. I also got it for a great price of $249.95 new.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Actually, it's exactly the opposite. The HPP3 has just a single tune that you either have or don't have. The predator's tune is adjustable and also allows you to data log( well, not log but watch real time) to see how the car is running and then make adjustments to the tune. The HPP3 has been known to lean the car out to much. The Predator also holds its resale value much better. I've had mine a year and could probably get exactly out of it what I paid a year ago. HPP3's go from $150-$180 usually.
    I ran the HPP3 and I did notice some gains from it but after having been there and done that the Predator is hands down a much better hand held. I went to a full editor on my f-body because of my mod plans but with the GTO that'll stay pretty much stock I went with the Predator so I could resell it when I get rid of the car. Is your car an auto or a stick? I will say the HPP3 at 75% made my car shift awesome. I would definitely get your car on a wideband to see if you're very lean with the hpp3 tune in there.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Woot! Welcome!

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

Orion, I did reset the shift firmness for 75% and noticed for the first time since I got the car(about 3 weeks now) it actually "caught a second" under acceleration of a little less than 1/2 throttle leaving a red light in Little Rock. Not only did I see the "LOW TRAC" light come on, felt it, but also the dry road allowed me to HEAR it as well. Had a flash-back of the good old days in my heavily modded 351W/4V FMX/RMVB Galaxie500... LOL

Thread Information