Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone!

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everone, i'm new. My name is Stephanie. I am 23, and live in Texas. I have a 2000 Camaro, it's pewter. I've had it since day one...I drove it off the lot at the dealership in May 2000. I will post some photos soon. I just wanted to go ahead and post an introduction. I hope everyone is having a great day!

~Stephanie

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Welcome!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Welcome!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Welcome Steph. Wow at 17 having a new camaro. Must be nice.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by GOT1GOAT View Post
    Welcome Steph. Wow at 17 having a new camaro. Must be nice.
    Yeah it was! I've loved Camaros ever since the day I rode in my friends dads when I was 13. It still looks new too, i've really tried to keep it clean and etc. Although the headlights got that nasty yellow, foggy look really bad, and I used some stuff my brother had a couple days ago and they look soo much better now. They are not crystal clear, but I was suprised at how clear they got. Mine is a v6, when my parents got it they were thinking "safety" and didn't think a v8 would be good. But i've extremely happy with it..it runs awesome still, and it's fast...but obviously not as fast as a v8. I can't wait for the 2009 Camaro...I'm pretty excited about it, I love it, althought there are a few things I do hope they change around a little bit.. I saw it at the Texas state fair this year and took some photos. I'll probably post them with the photos of my car when I post them later.

Thanks for welcoming me guys!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Hey Steph. If that stuff that your brother got to polish the headlights is what I got for my wife's Linc. MarkVIII, from the auto store, just do it a few times and the lenses get clearer. Just have a spray bottle of water to mist the pre-treated pads when you see the polish drying-turning chalky on the lense. Also, make sure the drill is a variable speed so you can polish at a low rpm.

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Lol That's awesome that you said that. That sounds exactly likie what I did. He bought this little kit thing at walmart for $10 to try on one little tiny spot he had on one of his headlights. It didn't work for him, but I used it on my headlights a few days ago and I was suprised! I was thinking it wasn't going to work, but it did GREAT for what I though. My headlights were soooo HORRIBLE!! And I mean that to the point I didn't realized just how bad they were untill I used that stuff on them. They are not perfect becasue they have tiny crack looking lines on them, but they are clear. The stuff I used took off ALL the yellow, and i'd say 90%+ of the haze look. But..I did something afterwards that my friends(guys) laughed and made fun of me about... After I finished useing the stuff and they were completely dry I used a paper towel, and rubbed/wiped clear cooking oil on them. Yeah I know..WTF right? Well, the ONLY reason I did something crazy like that was becasue they had a barely there haze look and it bugged me, even though it was hardly there. And, I was thinking about replacing the headlights with Halo lights...but im still checking into/reading about them and peoples opinions. Anyways...the oil worked!! I was so surprised at the effect it did on making the last bit of haze disappear. I'm sure it won't last though washing and weather, but it works. Crazy-yes, Weird-yes, wtf was she thinking-yes. rofl.. I'll have to post before and after photos of the headlights next time im on here and i'll show you the difference.

(I can't wait to hear the replys to this...lmao)

Have a nice night!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the plus side is no bugs will stick to the lights for a while

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the plus side is no bugs will stick to the lights for a while
    I used Pam on a few long trips for that on my Stang

Welcome, Stephanie!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Way to go girl. Nothing like a "Can do attitude" and they also sell the lense polish (I forgot to mention earlier) that shines them up.

I learned of this stuff only because my wife was complaining about having to run at night with her high beams on and said "no one even flashes thier lights at her" I knew of a place that charges @ $60.00 to do this proceedure and decided to research on the web for products and found it at AutoZone.

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

LOL Thanks guys! It's nice to meet yall!

Photos soon, I promise. Where should I post them? In this thread?

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by StephCam00 View Post
    LOL Thanks guys! It's nice to meet yall!

Photos soon, I promise. Where should I post them? In this thread?
    you should take some pics with you and your car and send them in for the LS1.com calender!

Red
    1999 Z-28 convertible

Thumbs up

Welcome!

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

I'm getting the photos ready right now. So far everyone on this site has been really nice. I found another site a while back that was like this one, but everyone was such an assh*le! They acted like they were so high and mighty, but in reality they were stupid when it came to the things being talked about. I'm getting the photos now.

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

welcome steph!

--------- Chris - 1996 Camaro Z28SS #1524 ---------
    LT4 Cam Kit | Comp Lifters/PR's | Jet Hot LT's & ORY | Corsa RSC Exhaust | SLP Bilstiens | S-C/D Rotors | 1LE Elbow | !EGR/AIR
    madZ tune | 17x11 Chrome ZR-1's | Berger Panel | Fillins | BMR STB | Autometer A/F & Trans Temp | !Mouldings | Zaino

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Welcome
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Ok, well these are not the best pics, but you get the idea. The only thing i've changed on my car would be getting the windows tinted, adding chrome caps to the rims since they had the ugly black ones from the dealership, putting on a shorter antenna, changing the grill, black "CAMARO" inserts on the rear where it's normally the paint color...and i'd say thats about it. She's my baby.

This is the back, that's my brothers truck behind my car.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Photos301.jpg

Front.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Photos303.jpg

Side.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Photos308.jpg

Another one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Photos297.jpg

And another.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Photos285.jpg

Ok, now for the headlights...lol All of the photos before this are AFTER I cleaned/got the foggy yellow look off my headlights.(what we talked about eariler in this thread.) These next 2 are of the car before, and the car after.

Ok, this photo was taken in May and i'd say that since then the headlights had gotten atleast 50% worse(more yellow, more foggy).
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ephyy/cam1.jpg

This is ones of the headlights after I got the yellow, and haze/foggy look off of them. So this is the after, lol.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Photos287.jpg

Before changing the caps on the rims:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hyy/egh001.jpg

After changing them to chrome:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hyy/egh002.jpg

I've only done little things to my car compaired to most of yall. The next thing im interested in is the speakers/cd player..changing the whole system. Right now I have Monsoon(the 500 watt)..already had to replace the speakers in the doors, and the one in the rear by the passanger seat sounds like its old, but not blown.

Anyways...this was a long post...i'll post photos as I go along but i'll just post those in the photo and other areas since this is the New Member section.

Yall take care!
    Last edited by StephCam00; 11-19-2006 at 10:54 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

very nice, you have some very good appearance mods. and bravo on the headlights, i tried that on my roomates avenger and the results werent quite to extreme. you are doing a good job so far, keep it up!

*Stephanie*

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by '96 Z28SS View Post
    very nice, you have some very good appearance mods. and bravo on the headlights, i tried that on my roomates avenger and the results werent quite to extreme. you are doing a good job so far, keep it up!
    Thanks! If you have any ideas, feel free to tell me! I'm always ready to hear other peoples ideas on what they think!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Steph. That is one fine lookin 2000. You did good girl and sometimes it's the small things done that add to the nuance of being unique.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information