Thread: Hi Everyone,

Bright Red
    2001 Chev. Camaro SS/SLP

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jerseyjoe, first time signing in. I have a 2001 Camaro Conv. SS/SLP, bought from a friend in late 2002 who special ordered new, I kept until 2006 to buy a new vette, and recently had the chance to rebuy the car from the same person, the car has 44k, it had 28k when I sold.
    The prerson changed the oil 4 times in the 6 years he owned ( only put 14k on it in the 6 years) but he did not use Mobil 1 he changed to Valvoline 10W30, I removed and replaced with Mobil1 and K&N oil filter ( which I used prior to selling) and now I have what I think is a lifter ticking when I first start, it quites down when it warms up, but will start ticking again when you restart when its warm, but very slight.
    Any advice as what I can do would be greatly apperciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Jerseyjoe

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Are you sure it is not the common LS1 piston slap that most of these engines have ? If it is a sticking lifter just keep your oil changed with Mobil 1 and the K&N filter is also a good idea. After some time and miles it should clean itself and quiet down. If you still have the noise and feel it is a lifter many people on the site use Seafoam to clean out varnish. Before you do that just put some miles on it first.
    Welcome from another Jersey-Guy. How you doin', Forgetaboutit !

Bright Red
    2001 Chev. Camaro SS/SLP

Thanks for the quick response, thats what I've heard it is common with the LS1, I will change the oil again and replace the filter.Again thanks for the help from another Jersey Guy.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome aboard, Joe

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjoe View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, thats what I've heard it is common with the LS1, I will change the oil again and replace the filter.Again thanks for the help from another Jersey Guy.
    No problem. Just doin' what we do here in Jersey !
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Bright Red
    2001 Chev. Camaro SS/SLP

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Welcome aboard, Joe
    Thanks

Thread Information