Black
    2002 Corvette

Hi all, made it back to my chevy roots!

My first three cars back in the mid 70's were Camaro's. First was a blue '67 327 SS. Then came an awesome '69 SS/RS 396 with an M21 and then a '72 SS 396. Wonderful memories!!! Then I got into sports cars and went through various Porsches, Z's, RX-7's ect. All great fun. But, I always missed that great small block Chev. A couple of years ago I bought an 87 GN and have been having tons of fun with it, but still lusted after a vette. yesterday, I finally decided I've waited long enough, and put the GN up on ebay and went out and bought a black '02 C5 with 30k Miles. I had to get an automatic...cant drive a stick anymore because i was recently diagnosed with parkinsons disease and it just makes it too difficult to drive a stick anymore. But, even with the autobox, it really is a blast to drive. Having now owned many fine sports cars, I have learned to appreciate cars with personality...that are "alive" when you drive them...the Vette is an American personality, big, strong, bold and tough. What a joy to drive something that feels alive in your hands and makes you feel the road and the driving experience instead of being numbed into a coma like most new cars I have driven. It's great to be back in the Chevy fold, and I'm looking to start modding up my vette...shorter gears, intake, exhaust to start, and then do some suspension and brake work. I'll be here a lot looking to you all for advice and let me say THANKS in advance, for the help and information I know you'll all give.

Drive! Live! Enjoy!

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Hello and welcome nice to see another old schooler in here. Post some pics of your car!!
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

68Impala
    Welcome! Post some pics.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

Black
    2002 Corvette

Thanks guys!

I'll post some pics this weekend after I get a few hours to spend time waxing and detailing her.

I picked up my 8 year old son from his mom's house last night in it...you should have seen the look on his face, his jaw dropped to the floor, he was so excited. I floored it as we were going onto the highway ( hey, nothing over 70mph for the politically correct crowd LOL )so he could hear that small block do it thing and he gave out a big "yeehaaa". Man, it was priceless. Bringing the kid up right...

Thread Information