Thread: Hey ya'll

Red
    1989 Chevy Camaro

Exclamation Hey ya'll

My name's Marshall. I'm soon to be 30, live in Georgia. Up until six years ago, I would say I was a Ford man, being as every vehicle I'd owned to that point had been a Ford. Six years ago, due to uncontrollable circumstances, I was "forced" to buy the car I now own, a red 89 Camaro RS 305 TBI car. I bitched and moaned about it, but almost 7 years later, (let it be noted, that until about 9 months ago, I drove right about 1000 miles a WEEK in that car) the car's still goin'. Albeit, hardly anything still works, but I will have to say, with almost 300,000 miles on the car, and the only major repairs done to date on it are having the 700R4 rebuilt, a new radiator, and starter, I'M IMPRESSED!!! The age old advertising slogan of "Like A Rock" rings true in my eyes. This car just flat out refuses to lay down and die. This has swayed me to GM vehicles, because mainly, this 1700 DOLLAR CHEVY has outlasted all my previous FORDS. I'll be starting college in the spring, and was looking into buying either a 01+ Lightning, Cobra, or Mach 1, but those ideas have been dispelled, and I'll now be KEEPING the Camaro, just because, and I'm looking into a 01-02 WS6!!!! I've got friends that own and build mustangs, and they hype them up like they're God-sent vehicles, untouchable by all with minimal work and money invested. I can't WAIT to pull up in a WS6, unleash a roar with the skinny one on the right, and then proceed to leave them with a beautiful view of my honeycomb tails, and beating their steering wheels in frustration!!!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Welcome!

good luck on getting your WS6, it will be a rocket compared to the 305
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Red
    1989 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Welcome!

good luck on getting your WS6, it will be a rocket compared to the 305
    Thanks. I can't wait. I've done alot of reading on the WS6 cars, and I'm really lookin' forward to owning one, so I can start a long reign of 'stang murdering.

Welcome!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Welcome!
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am
    Stage 2 shift kit, 3.42 rear, QA1 12 point shocks, Straight pipes.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Camaro's look like they want to kick your ass

Trans Am's look like they're coming.

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

Welcome Marshall, always glad to have a convert join the ranks. Nice narrative, looking forward to hearing some kill stories once you get that WS6.

Red
    1989 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NSSTG8TR98 View Post
    Welcome Marshall, always glad to have a convert join the ranks. Nice narrative, looking forward to hearing some kill stories once you get that WS6.
    Thanks. I may not kill em all, but there will be enough put in the rearview to make it worthwhile n keep a smile on my face

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Welcome indeed. Welcome to the world of real, functioning hood scoops. Not just a thing bolted to the regular hood either, a real different functioning hood. As opposed to the vast majority of Mustang/Mustang GT hoods.
    I love my WS6, you will love yours too. Get a 6-speed!

Red
    1989 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Welcome indeed. Welcome to the world of real, functioning hood scoops. Not just a thing bolted to the regular hood either, a real different functioning hood. As opposed to the vast majority of Mustang/Mustang GT hoods.
    I love my WS6, you will love yours too. Get a 6-speed!
    Oh no doubt. My camaro is the first and last automatic I'll ever own. I miss driving a manual so much!!!

Thread Information