silver and black

hey whats up!!! et question

Hey everyone new to ls1.com. I do have a question. I purchased my 04 GTO 3 years ago bone stock. I became addicted to modding it but have never had time to go to the track with it. I have no idea what it should run.My mods: FIPK cai, Shaner ported TB, LT's, loud mouth 1 CB, LS6 heads, 232/234 595/598 112, hardened pushrods, dual coils with titanium retainers.., yank ss3600 w/ build trainy, custom tune. before heads cam, headers, stall woth only a predator tune it dyno at 322rwhp and 319 lbs. It should be significantly higher now. I have no idea what it dyno's now havent had a minute to have it done. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by jcso1477; 11-22-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Well you have the 2004, so you have the LS1 motor. Usually a cam with those specs and bolt-ons nets most ls1's around 400rwhp. With heads, you should be a bit over that mark. I don't know much about heads, so just guessing, you should be a bit over 400rwhp.

The auto with stall will hurt your hp numbers a bit, and it can make it just about anyones guess what you could put down.

With the right tires, suspension, proper tuning...a conservative guess in the 1/4 would be somewhere in the high 11s with a decent '60.

If you play your cards right, maybe a mid 11.

silver and black

hmmm that sounds awsome i was expecting mid 12.. a friend has the same set up on a m6 he hit 426 hp. so im sure im lower than that but the stall shift kit and build tranny should help the et wouldnt ya think.. how about ud pulley? they help much. Im planning on a ud, fast intake portmatched, roller rockers and larger injectors....

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by jcso1477 View Post
    hmmm that sounds awsome i was expecting mid 12.. a friend has the same set up on a m6 he hit 426 hp. so im sure im lower than that but the stall shift kit and build tranny should help the et wouldnt ya think.. how about ud pulley? they help much. Im planning on a ud, fast intake portmatched, roller rockers and larger injectors....
    the ud will help with your gas milage + free up 15 hp max make sure u get a steel underdrive pully the last thing you want your belts pulling on is aluminum. anyways stock gto's hit14.0's with the good flowing mufflers its pointless to get an exhause unlesss u want to . you should be looking at 12.48 - 12.7's now talking a launch that would be towing you home low 12's here you come but if you want to hit those times with the stock rear end then i suggest knowing a buddy who has a tralier or having AAA.that is if you dead hook that is go with some nice sticky tires that u can drive everywhere on like the nitto nt555r's . the track is awesome just remember to let your car cool down every 2 -3 runs because you want to drive your car home just my hosest opinion you should post up some pics on your GTO .if you want to know the fastest gto's in the country ill post in up in the next post. Welcome to Ls1.com

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

mod fever is awesome man what u need now is a very nice tune done by a tuner "Guru" those plug in tuners just seem to make guesses on your cars air fuel ratios where you can only tell whats going inside your engine When you have a laptop pluged in and wither straped up to a dynometer and tuning live via- Hp tuners one of the best tuners for ls1-s . you can also hit 9's in your gto if u strap up a sts turbo kit on it with the extreme edition i have driven one first hand down the track which is over before you even get a breath of air. which is on the list onfastedt gto's in the country #2( do a google search of the fastest gto's in the country and look at las vegas) good luck and happy modding
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 11-23-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Welcome aboard!

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jcso1477 View Post
    I assumed the heads were ported I guess. Is there anything done to the heads or are they just stock LS6 heads?

I'm willing to guess you can do a high 11 if you get traction, cuz a guy i seen run, had similar mods, but with a 150 shot and he's almost in the 10s.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I assumed the heads were ported I guess. Is there anything done to the heads or are they just stock LS6 heads?

I'm willing to guess you can do a high 11 if you get traction, cuz a guy i seen run, had similar mods, but with a 150 shot and he's almost in the 10s.
    that all depends on Many Variables Of "kinematic variables" how good the air is there here in vegas we have crappy air most of the time.winter hits and bam were hitting new World records with all the awesome air the winter brings in . check your "Air Density Meters "around you . Weight savings will also get you far when recing a buddy every pound of weight matters and Happy Modding

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Howdy.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

welcome to ls1.com

silver and black

Im hopin to get it to the track and get some numbers soon. Its just the hours at work dont agree with track hours....Ill pobly have roller rockers ud and fast intake before I get to go.... Thanks for all the input!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would stay conservative on your times. I'd say low 12's with some possible high 11's in there. Get some times though and prove me wrong. Few unknowns in there. Stock LS6 heads or worked? What tire? These cars are a tad fat and the IRS eats a little power. That's my reasoning for staying conservative. Love to see you beat my guess' though and that's all they are.....a guess.

silver and black

My heads are mildly ported Id call it more a clean up than a port....Im runnin Nitto 555 extreme drag. It pulls super hard. On the street if I stall to 1800 or so the flash the vert from there the tires just lite up. I kinda gota roll into it like a onethousand count. still spins but diggs hard too. Id be super happy to get ito elevens but wouldnt hurt my feelings to maybe get a 12.3 to 12.5. 12.7 would bumm me out a lil bit i think. who knows.. Just gonna go have some fun....if I can ever leave work!! Im plannin in the future to do stubs and shafts with 3.73's. I think my next mods will be UD, Fast intake and roller rockers. I hardly ever drive the car.. mostly sits in the garage...

silver and black

Oh and it has a custom tune by Mark Shaner

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

welcome to the site

Thread Information