Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member camaroboy 14 02 ss's Avatar

silver
    2002 ss camaro

Talking hey my name is thomas and need help?

I just got a new 2002 camaro ss..its silver and has a black top...i had a 1995 z28 before....But the help i need is finding the best exuast and wheels and tires for my ss...right now was looking at either the c6 zo6 wheels 18s all around or tt2s 18s alll around????what do you think? also i have a magnaflow exaust...and i hate it ...it sounds to weak i need something more clear and powerful!!!my ss only has 17,000. miles so what ever i put it should sound clean right? thanks thomas

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Both those mods are peronal choice I have boyd coddington smoothies II and a full exhaust with borla exhaust no plates... if you go into the tech area for exhaust and tire/rims you will find hundreds of posts of different set ups...the C6 Z06 rims are a great choice lots are running them also another favorite is the TTII's. get in there do some browsing and congrats on your purchase!
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

i wanna get the z06 rims myself. but i wanna do 18 in the back, 17 up front to give it a more aggressive stance. congrats on your new ride

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

w/ 18'' wheels you will need to lower it badly, my 18" zr-1 made it look off. As far as exhaust you can take out the cats and replace it w/ a bolt in off road y for a more agressive sound, would be cheaper than a new catback, a better option would be headers.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Congrats on the SS, and welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site!

How loud do you want it? If you want it real loud, get long tubes, ORY and a SLP L/M. If you only want kind of loud, get a borla and don't put ant plates in it. There used to be a site called ls1sounds. You might look for it.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Welcome to the site. Big price difference between those vette rims and TT2's.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

Talking Thanks guys...

yeah the exaust i want it medium loud..meaning when it is in idle i want to be able to hear it then when i step on the gas i want a clear rumble. then when i take my foot off and let the car slow down i want it to rumble...does any one kind of have an idea??? and how much it runs??? also what kind of mods should i start off with??? THanks for the help guys.......

Well when you use the word "best" that can take you pretty far. Do you mind letting us know your goals for the car and an expected budget?

Red
    2001 ws6

In my opinion, one of the best exhausts ive heard on our cars is a SLP exhaust (just guna use the piping) with a magnaflow bullet muffler, part # 14419 to replace the resonator. With LT's sounds amazing. Best brand of headers out there are American Racing Headers or Kooks. If you want to save money go with pacesetters. Also I would go with some TT's. Good luck and welcome to the site.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Depending on what you plan on different exhaust sounds good, w/ stock manifolds slp sounds good, and gmmg sounds amazing, but once you put headers on the sound is blurred by rasp. Every one here will agree that headers are best first performance mod if you have not already gotten a lid.
    ls1sounds.com should give you a very broad idea of what exhaust is out there.
    Tell us performance goals and budget and we can tell you what to get. were all pretty good at helping others spend there money
    Oh if you are on a low budget a cutout would be your best bet, not that great sounding but you will hear it through the manifolds and cats.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

The stuff

My budget there is none ...what i am planning to do first for mods is put a fast maifold then a larger trottle, then a bigger air sensor,then a torque converter,then msd ignition,msd wires ,and msd coils...after put a bigger brake kit,and new slotted rotors. then put some leather racing seats.after that mayb mayb a bigger cam,heads and rockers..what u guys think right now i am in the process in getting wheels and tires today by 12 i wanna buy 18.5 and 19s in the rear all black zo6 wheels...what u think?

The stuff i did so far is cosmetic, i painted the rear panel gloss black looks great, then switch out the grille,looks good, then put a slp sway bar...
    2oo2 camaro ss,355 hp,mild mods...Srt 4 hunter....2 down looking for more

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camaroboy 14 02 ss View Post
    My budget there is none ...what i am planning to do first for mods is put a fast maifold then a larger trottle, then a bigger air sensor,then a torque converter,then msd ignition,msd wires ,and msd coils...after put a bigger brake kit,and new slotted rotors. then put some leather racing seats.after that mayb mayb a bigger cam,heads and rockers..what u guys think right now i am in the process in getting wheels and tires today by 12 i wanna buy 18.5 and 19s in the rear all black zo6 wheels...what u think?

The stuff i did so far is cosmetic, i painted the rear panel gloss black looks great, then switch out the grille,looks good, then put a slp sway bar...
    IMO you already got a ls6 intake keep that for now save the money you would spend on that fast intake and a new cat back get a good set of LTs and a ory, SFCs, LCAs, gears, and if you want it loud an electric cut out. You should still have enough money left over for a six pack. Magnaflow makes the best resonably priced cat backs for our cars, with long tubes and a ORY you'll probably love the sound. Getting more air in is no good if you can't get it out. I doubt you'll see very much gain with the fast intake w/o LTs. Welcome to the site.

Red
    2001 ws6

Agreed on the above post, free up that exhaust, the ls6 will work fine until you get a cam and heads in there. If money is no object get the LT's with exhaust, SFC's, LCA's, to me the 19'' rim are stupid IMO. If your doing all this work to the motor why go with a bigger wheel? Kinda defeats the concept. Get 17'' rims and lower the car about an inch and a half. Our cars lowered look amazing. Once you get the exhaust/lt's/ory/sfc/lca's then you can start playing around with the motor. Get a CAI and then if you decide you want heads/cam THEN go with the fast. And i wouldnt mess with the MAF. More trouble than good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    In my opinion, one of the best exhausts ive heard on our cars is a SLP exhaust (just guna use the piping) with a magnaflow bullet muffler, part # 14419 to replace the resonator. With LT's sounds amazing. Best brand of headers out there are American Racing Headers or Kooks. If you want to save money go with pacesetters. Also I would go with some TT's. Good luck and welcome to the site.
    I just have to throw something in there. QTP's are as good as Kooks, and Kooks is better than American Racing. Kooks and American Racing are almost the same, even made in the same factory, the only difference in the headers is the collector, the Kooks collector being better. They even share the same y pipe.

Red
    2001 ws6

Nope, the ARH y-pipe is different than the kooks y-pipe. The guys that make American Racing Headers used to all be with Kooks. The guys that worked together had a falling out and some of them started their own company (American Racing Headers) There both damn near the same thing.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

Talking wow

thanks for the help guys...then the exuast i will start wit...another thing i dont know if it is just my ss buy when i hit the brake s it wubbles a little? any one esle get that?

Red
    2001 ws6

rotors are warped, see if you can get em cut, if not get new ones

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Sounds like you have some money Headers will really make some noise, any idea on what mufflers you are looking for?

silver
    2002 ss camaro

nope

no mufflers have no idea what one has the sound i want right now i have the slp exaust, with magnaflow...and i dont like it.. u thinks its my rotors that are making the car wubble when i brake? they dont squeek or anything at all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information