Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Hey fellas, new to the forum =).

Hey all, been looking at various sites for random questions from time to time and decided to join some of the more helpful ones.

Names Ant (Anthony), I'll be 21 in a month and just recently (8 days) ago bought my first 'real' car . Dad had a '77 back in his day so I figured I'd follow suit, albeit a little newer.

2002 M6 WS6, 44k miles

Appreciate the help from the past and, big hello to you all

Here's my car.

Been trying to figure out what has been done to this, so far I've come up with these:
    K&N Filter (I did)
    Lid
    Muffler Delete
    TB and MAF I think are stock though I'm not entirely sure.
    Tuned (I did, mainly because it used to be on 20" rims which I changed and thus the speedo needed to be fixed. But, gained some hp/tq, mpg, skip shift was taken off [thank god], Thermo adjusted to 180, speed limiter removed, rev limiter increased to 6300 [still usually shift at 6k for 'casual WOT'] and yadda yadda.
    4.10's put in
    Lowered
    17" Limited Edition American Racing Rims (I did)

10W-30 Royal Purple in it with a K&N oil filter (I did that but, from what I hear, Penz Plat is still better? Oops lol)

Future ideas
    85mm bbk TB
    Magnaflow cat-back
    MAF perhaps (worth it?)
    Eventually heads/cam and what not but, in due time.

Sorry for the long post, feedback is more than welcome, good or bad. I'll look for a list of bolt-ons so I can finish with the easy stuff first. Any major ones that I've missed though?
    Last edited by Ant71130; 08-08-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! We're just down the road from you, south of Corning. Looks like a nice car you found.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Looks nice and welcome over

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Oh Corning? Nice, drove past that exit every time I went to my first college (RIT). Small world heh. Appreciate it though, thank you. Had to drive to IL to get it haha.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Ant! Beautiful car. Enjoy it

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

As to the proposed mods...

With a K&N filter you will want to clean your MAF every now and then. The oil tends to acumulate on the wires and acts to insulate them, throwing off the airflow reading to the PCM. Also, leave the stock MAF alone -- it'll support lots of mods. Aftermarket MAF's can alter your fueling by quite a bit and generally lean out the engine.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

c5z28 and KahanaReef, thank you very much =).

As to pajeff02, I figured the stock MAF would suffice, at least for quite a while so I hear ya. Thank you, but if that problem occurs with the K&N filter, do you recommend a different one or is it simply any aftermarket because it's not paper?

From what I gathered, considering what I have now, I should probably upgrade the lower control arms, subframe connectors, go ahead and get the cat-back, TB and then new heads before I cam it. Did I miss any bolt ons?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    As to pajeff02, I figured the stock MAF would suffice, at least for quite a while so I hear ya. Thank you, but if that problem occurs with the K&N filter, do you recommend a different one or is it simply any aftermarket because it's not paper?

From what I gathered, considering what I have now, I should probably upgrade the lower control arms, subframe connectors, go ahead and get the cat-back, TB and then new heads before I cam it. Did I miss any bolt ons?
    There are a few items that get debated on here -- one of them is the oiled cotton gauze air filter. From my personal experience on our circle track car, I will never install a K&N on anything again. I prefer the Amsoil Ea filters and would not hesitate to use a quality paper filter either.

Add a panhard bar to your list and you have it. The stock piece is very flimsy and an aftermarket unit does make a noticeable difference. Also not a bad idea to upgrade the torque arm and get the mount off of the transmission. There are a couple of styles to choose from. I like UMI's products -- they all fit great and are nicely constructed.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Panhard rod, fair enough, didn't even really think of that. Sadly, I have to use a friend's lift every time I wanna get under it because it's lowered and frankly, I don't have the jacks to do so (which has only been like twice.) UMI's products in regard to the T-arm? Alright sir, thank you again. I'll add it to my list. =)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

UMI for all the suspension pieces.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Fair enough, and for headers ya think 1-7/8" American Racing LT's will suffice? Or should 1-3/4" be better. I heard you don't really lose much low end and the bigger port allows for easier adjustments to future mods. Not entirely sure though, seemed more of an opinion thing.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Fair enough, and for headers ya think 1-7/8" American Racing LT's will suffice? Or should 1-3/4" be better. I heard you don't really lose much low end and the bigger port allows for easier adjustments to future mods. Not entirely sure though, seemed more of an opinion thing.

I did a lot of reading on the headers before ordering Kooks LT's for our car. As you are planning, I went with 1-7/8" to better accomodate future mods. I just didn't see that much of a trade off on the low end with the bigger tubes. ARH makes good stuff.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Alright, much appreciated again. Thanks for all the input man, hope to get some of this stuff done soon =).

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Welcome aboard. Beautiful TA!!!

Take a look around, there are thousands of threads here with ideas and how to's on any mod you can think of.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Welcome to LS1.com!!!

Thread Information