Thread: Hello from Wa!

Black
    1994 Mercedes E320

Hello from Wa!

Greetings from the PNW. I'm pretty new to the world of Domestics. I've been a European car addict forever.... Ever since I lost out on a DZ302 Camaro in 1986...

On to my story. I have a 1994 Mercedes Benz station wagon that I was going to mod and swap in a late model Mercedes 5.0L V8... it'll be easy I told my self. Not really...

I've been going to more and more rod events and started talking to some people in the know... We decided to do an LS swap instead...

I'm still in the research phase and I thing I found an engine to use...

6.0 from a Suburban... need to research the things to look out for and to go with.

I'll start a build thread as I get closer to starting.

Jason

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Jason. Putting a 6.0 in a German kid hauler is going to be an adventure. I hope you are good at fabrication and welding. Let us know how you make out with that swap. The electronics will be interesting.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Wow... now that's gonna be a project!! I hope you stick with it and get it completed, because it'll be one of a kind!

Welcome to LS1.com!

Black
    1994 Mercedes E320

Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited about getting this moving.

I have the original running gear out of the car... I'd like to get a mock-up block and trans to get started on the motor mounts.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

For sure keep us updated on this!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! The 6.0 is a strong motor, it'll move that Benz quite well. Strongly recommend that you invest in a GM LS swap manual -- check out Amazon.com and you'll see a couple offered.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to LS1.com, Jason. This will be an interesting swap for sure. I look forward to updates on your progress. Don't forget to take pictures along the way

Thread Information