Red
    2000 Z28 SS

Hello from Texas ...Newby to forum

Just bought a 2000 Z28 SS 6 speed manual to save my tow rig . Main reason I bought it was the LS1 . Had a 02 Z06 before divorce and loved it .....That car was the most fun I ever had with my clothes on

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

congrats on the new car and welcome aboard! any mods in the future?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Darwin. Those LS1 engines are great for power potential and reliability just like the old 350's back in the day.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats and welcome to the site!

Red
    2000 Z28 SS

Not Planning to do a lot to it .

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    congrats on the new car and welcome aboard! any mods in the future?
    Really enjoy the car as stock . Maybe a set of headers and a new MAF . My Crazy side enjoys going really slow . Like 184:1 My girlfriend, her ex had a drag boat and she said it never scared her ..She claims the Bronco at a Billionth mph is the scariest ride she has ever had .....Laffin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CancerSucks.jpg   cstweety.jpg  

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Headers are a real good addition on our cars. Strongly recommend swapping over to Bosch P/N 13111 O2 senders when you install the headers. The senders have a nice long harness so you can avoid having to run extensions. As for the MAF, leave the stock piece in place as it'll support up to 500 h.p. Also, do not port, de-blade or de-screen it as that throws off its calibration.

Red
    2000 Z28 SS

Thanks for o2 info

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Headers are a real good addition on our cars. Strongly recommend swapping over to Bosch P/N 13111 O2 senders when you install the headers. The senders have a nice long harness so you can avoid having to run extensions. As for the MAF, leave the stock piece in place as it'll support up to 500 h.p. Also, do not port, de-blade or de-screen it as that throws off its calibration.
    Those O2 sensors are a lot cheaper than the ones I had to buy in the past .Great info on the MAF sensor as I thought that would make a large difference ...would a Throttle Body change make a big improvement.....IE Size or Manufacturer....I am new to the LS game but I am going to build one for a Rock Bouncer for my Brother ....Chevy finally got it right with this engine.....The LS engines are B A D

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Your best first changes include swapping out the lid for an aftermarket unit and a new high flow dry media air filter (our MAF's do not like oiled cotton gauze air filters... nor do our engines), installing headers and a free flowing exhaust, installing a cooler thermostat (requires reprogramming of the fans - which is part of the tuning process), bypassing the throttle body coolant line, and obtaining a dyno or mail order tune (Frost does an excellent mail order tune). Going a bit deeper, subframe connectors, lower control arms and a panhard bar out back will tighten your car up (highly recommend UMI) and a set of 4.10's in the differential work well with the M6 (also requires tuning changes). Unless you are in an emissions unfriendly state, you can ditch the EGR and secondary air system in its entirety (tune also required to avoid having the SES light on all the time).

As far as stock parts - the MAF and ignition coils will work just fine with anything you throw at it while N/A (normally aspirated). The car's weak points are the rear differential, stock clutch hydraulics and stock suspension pieces out back. The brake system also responds well to aftermarket upgrades.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome!

Red
    2000 Z28 SS

Thanks for that Info....So No K&N for me ....laffin

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Unfortuntately, alot of people like to argue about that one. Z06 had to be a fun ride - what made you switch over to an F-body this time?

Red
    2000 Z28 SS

Money or Lack of ...Just spent the last 9 months in a battle with throat CANCER ......So far I Won ...Zero Ziltch Nada Bit detected in my last PET\CT Scan .....Z06 02 to 05 is still in the plans just going to do the F body until I can dig myself out of huge debt . May use the car to resto mod old Chevelle or Nova. Bought it because of the LS and 6 speed .I really like the car already have changed out the Headlights ....Monsoon Speakers are next as 4 are BLOWN. Going with Kee have checked out his site

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Here's hoping that you remain victorious in that battle!! Good luck to you.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Ditto!

Our car had a blown speaker when we bought it. Just went with a stock replacement as we rarely use the sound system. Prefer the music that emanates from the exhaust pipes!

Thread Information