Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Cool Hello from Switzerland

Hi everybody

Intro:
    I'm 23 years old and I live near Basle in Switzerland. I'm currently working in Berne as a freelance programmer in the area of web applications/content management. I've been hooked on American cars since a friend of mine bought a 2nd Generation Camaro when I was around 14 years old. As soon as I got my drivers license 4 years ago, I bought a black 1998 Camaro Z28 with 34000 kilometres(one previous owner); now the car has around 84000 kilometres. I recently bought an Opel station wagon as my daily driver, which kinda sucks. But the funny thing is, since I have the Opel, it is way more fun to drive the Z28 on weekends. *g*

Current Mods:
    - US mirrors (probably installed by the previous owner)
    - no sun visors (removed by the previous owner)
    - Z28 3rd brake light cover
    - chrome license plate holders
    - Dension DMP3

In Progress:
    - Billet Grille (check out my post in the appearance section)
    - Chrome Bumper Inserts (ordered)
    - Chrome Emblem Overlays (ordered)

Planned:
    - Borla CatBack with QTEC, i've had it with the lame european exhaust. Unfortunately aftermarket exhausts are not quite street-legal in Switzerland. So I will have to re-install the factory exhaust every two years for the technical inspection and also hope that the police never notice it.

Maybe in the future:
    - paint the side trim strips in chrome
    - replace the BCM to add keyless entry
    - rims
    - tail lights
    - paintjob

Some funny things about driving an American car in Europe:
    - Your family and friends will call you crazy for driving that "over-sized, gas-guzzling battleship" and you will just laugh at them.
    - The kiddies always think they can beat you in their pimped out Volkswagens, FIATs or ricers, just to realize seconds later that they've been owned by a V8.
    - Everybody thinks your car uses 30 litres per 100 kilometres.
    - The owner of the gas station always welcomes you with a big smile on his face.
    - The police don't really know about American cars. One time they asked to see the "special permission" for my factory rims. *lol*
    - It's very time-consuming and expensive to get "special permissions" if you want to install aftermarket rims, exhausts, etc. because the authorities want a lot of paperwork and do not accept American certificates of conformity. Aftermarket exhausts are practically never permitted, because of "noise regulations".
    - In Switzerland you see quite a lot of American cars compared to other european countries(Germany, France, Luxembourg). Funny thing is most Z28s I've seen in my area are driven by people aged 50+.
    - After the frontier-guard tells you "have a lot of fun" with a big grin on his face, you can really drive over 300km/h in a Corvette C6 on the German autobahn. *woohoo*

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, be it about myself, my car or anything else.

Regards,
    Mike

Red
    02 Camaro SS

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Swiss Ricers...LOL....lil shits are like Herpes...spreading everywhere....

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Swiss Ricers...LOL....lil shits are like Herpes...spreading everywhere....

lolololol

It is good to see these cars spanning the globe.

Oh.... and female mods can be bribed with Swiss chocolate.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

First off what's the difference between us mirrors and swiss mirrors? Secondly, why not just keep the factory exhaust on there and run an electric cutout? That way you don't have to swap systems out and can drive around without the cops hassling you yet open the cutout and be loud whenever you want? Just seems to really fit your situation nicely. Lastly, the gas station owners over here greet us with a smile also.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

welcome
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    Hi everybody

Intro:
    I'm 23 years old and I live near Basle in Switzerland. I'm currently working in Berne as a freelance programmer in the area of web applications/content management. I've been hooked on American cars since a friend of mine bought a 2nd Generation Camaro when I was around 14 years old. As soon as I got my drivers license 4 years ago, I bought a black 1998 Camaro Z28 with 34000 kilometres(one previous owner); now the car has around 84000 kilometres. I recently bought an Opel station wagon as my daily driver, which kinda sucks. But the funny thing is, since I have the Opel, it is way more fun to drive the Z28 on weekends. *g*

Current Mods:
    - US mirrors (probably installed by the previous owner)
    - no sun visors (removed by the previous owner)
    - Z28 3rd brake light cover
    - chrome license plate holders
    - Dension DMP3

In Progress:
    - Billet Grille (check out my post in the appearance section)
    - Chrome Bumper Inserts (ordered)
    - Chrome Emblem Overlays (ordered)

Planned:
    - Borla CatBack with QTEC, i've had it with the lame european exhaust. Unfortunately aftermarket exhausts are not quite street-legal in Switzerland. So I will have to re-install the factory exhaust every two years for the technical inspection and also hope that the police never notice it.

Maybe in the future:
    - paint the side trim strips in chrome
    - replace the BCM to add keyless entry
    - rims
    - tail lights
    - paintjob

Some funny things about driving an American car in Europe:
    - Your family and friends will call you crazy for driving that "over-sized, gas-guzzling battleship" and you will just laugh at them.
    - The kiddies always think they can beat you in their pimped out Volkswagens, FIATs or ricers, just to realize seconds later that they've been owned by a V8.
    - Everybody thinks your car uses 30 litres per 100 kilometres.
    - The owner of the gas station always welcomes you with a big smile on his face.
    - The police don't really know about American cars. One time they asked to see the "special permission" for my factory rims. *lol*
    - It's very time-consuming and expensive to get "special permissions" if you want to install aftermarket rims, exhausts, etc. because the authorities want a lot of paperwork and do not accept American certificates of conformity. Aftermarket exhausts are practically never permitted, because of "noise regulations".
    - In Switzerland you see quite a lot of American cars compared to other european countries(Germany, France, Luxembourg). Funny thing is most Z28s I've seen in my area are driven by people aged 50+.
    - After the frontier-guard tells you "have a lot of fun" with a big grin on his face, you can really drive over 300km/h in a Corvette C6 on the German autobahn. *woohoo*

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, be it about myself, my car or anything else.

Regards,
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

So I spotted one of the few European members of this forum. It's funny you got the same reactions from your fellow citizens as I do here...everybody thinks you're nuts (or almost) when you drive an American built car...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

welcome to the site...

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

grüezi, mike!

ich freue mich ein wenig, dass es in der schweiz genauso schwer ist ein auto "nett" zu gestalten, wie in deutschland.

viele grüße,
    michael

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye1970 View Post
    Hi Mike,

So I spotted one of the few European members of this forum. It's funny you got the same reactions from your fellow citizens as I do here...everybody thinks you're nuts (or almost) when you drive an American built car...

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome to the site!

Blog Entries

BLACK
    2001 CAMARO Z/28

welcome to the other side, filled with biger balls!

Thread Information