Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Hello From SW Ohio

Just joined today. As the title says I'm in SW Ohio. I've got a 2000 Firehawk. Just started to get the mod bug and this place has got some very good information. I saw a few threads already where people asked questions, got answers, then posted up what actually helped or fixed their problem. I like follow through

Like many of you here I don't get as much time to work on my car as I would like to. Work and kids take most of my time.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Daryl

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

welcome aboard!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Daryl!

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Thanks for the welcomes. I may actually get some time to work on the Hawk this week. Planning to install new koni shocks and Strano springs. I'm a little rusty though. I haven't done any suspension work or any real car "stuff" in five years.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by DP121 View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes. I may actually get some time to work on the Hawk this week. Planning to install new koni shocks and Strano springs. I'm a little rusty though. I haven't done any suspension work or any real car "stuff" in five years.
    great choices on suspension.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    great choices on suspension.
    Thank you. After spending some time researching that's the set up I feel was best for me. Sub frame connectors and sway bars are next on the list.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Daryl, I love those Firehawks. When you get to 10 posts you can put up some pictures using Photobucket.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Inferno Orange
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99

Welcome Daryl!

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Thanks again for the warm welcome. If I get the work finished and get up to ten posts I'll put up some before and after pics.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Highly recommend UMI subframe connectors and sway bars (made right here in PA!). I initially went with 2 point bolt in SFC's on our car, but then as she saw more track time upgraded to 3 points.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

welcome to the site.....I'm in central ohio. Unless they changed something on the site if you use photobucket and copy/paste the img link you don't need 10 posts to do that.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    welcome to the site.....I'm in central ohio. Unless they changed something on the site if you use photobucket and copy/paste the img link you don't need 10 posts to do that.
    I just tried and it wouldn't let me. Do you go to the Good Guys car show in Columbus? I've always wanted to go. My neighbor takes his '69 Cyclone to the show every year.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Spent three years of my life in Ada, Ohio back in the early '90s. Tripped down to Dayton area a couple of times to check out the air museum and see friends. Not sure why, but I never thought to check out any auto-related events while I was there... too busy I guess.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by DP121 View Post
    I just tried and it wouldn't let me. Do you go to the Good Guys car show in Columbus? I've always wanted to go. My neighbor takes his '69 Cyclone to the show every year.
    Never been to the one in Ohio...I stopped by the one in Nashville last year. Great show to go to. It was huge.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

You know my brother lives a couple miles from WPAFB and the Museum. I haven't been through it in a long long time. I think I was 12 years old the last time I toured it. Since then they have added the Imax theater another building and they are currently constructing another full building for a total of four.

I would love to go to a Good Guys Show some time. Seems like I'm always saying "Next year I'll make time and go." I never do though. Funny thing my father in law and I always talked about going up to Detroit for the International Car show. That'l never happen now. We lost him suddenly last November. Should have made the time.

Anyway. Just got done running to the stores with the wife and kids. We work odd hours and this week we both have today off. Gonna go tackle those springs and shocks. I'm starting this job with ten fingers.....hope to end it that way.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ohio has a few good car shows......I've threatened for years to go to the trans am nationals out there but never make it out. I have a friend that lives in Tipp City which is right there. Just never find the time for it. I've sat and watched the cruises during the good guys but never went to the fair grounds or national trails for it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Attended the Car Craft Super Street Meet at National Trail back in '96. That was a whole lot of fun.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Well, I got the job done and still have all my fingers. Glad I bought new spring mounts and isolators. There was no way I could have gotten the rusty nut off of the top of the front shock assemblies. Felt good to get some work done on the car. Now I want to do more.

I don't know on some of the car shows. I attended the TA Nats last two years they were fun for a few hours. There were some real sharp cars there. I went to the POCI show in 2013 when they were at the Nutter Center. That was my favorite show I've been to yet. My wife even enjoyed that one. Probably because she could go inside and cool off if she got overheated out in the sun.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you're not doing anything end of June, take a ride out to GM Carlisle and hang out with the crew. We set up a tent for site members on the fairgrounds - watch for an upcoming "GM Nationals" thread in the Eastern Members and AAG section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information