Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello ls1 gods

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

hello ls1 gods

last saturday i bought my 1st 2000 z28. 40000 miles all original for 8k. im a performance enthusiast, race, build custom cars. however this is my first ls1 platform car. i am looking to all the veterans and newcomers for advice. im highly advanced in electronics, tuning, forced induction setups, fuel mapping, etc. however i need some help with this platform. money is tight and i want mods to count. all i want out of this car is a consistent fast car with around 500 hp to start with on stock platform. i am looking to all of u for ur experience. first mods first, then move to the bigger ones to reach my goal. i need to know what the first, best mod is for increasing hp, as all of you have found. i cant be swapping parts out that dont get results. any advice would be well recieved. anyone needing help with anything electronic i can advise.
    thank u for taking the time to read this. joe wright

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Welcome to ls1.com! sounds like your pretty experienced in the automotive field.
    I just did pacesetter long tube header off road y pipe and tune and defianitly woke the car up i spent about 800 for the headers, ypipe, o2 extensions, gm gaskets that is shipped. should be a good start

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

was up

thanks for taking the time to read all that. honestly this is the first chevy platform of the modern age i have OWNED. i have worked on alot of them.
    i was told this is hands down the best forum for the car i have chosen. the reason i am reaching out is, i used to have it all, then i lost it all. its taken 5 years to get this car, and i just want to use rock solid proven performance parts, because this platform has soooo many aftermarket options its ridiculous. first things first, this is bare bones stock, what in your opinion would be your first mod? programmer? k@n in stock box factory exhaust. i need some help with the first key PROVEN things to spend money on, know what i mean.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by schlipp View Post
    thanks for taking the time to read all that. honestly this is the first chevy platform of the modern age i have OWNED. i have worked on alot of them.
    i was told this is hands down the best forum for the car i have chosen. the reason i am reaching out is, i used to have it all, then i lost it all. its taken 5 years to get this car, and i just want to use rock solid proven performance parts, because this platform has soooo many aftermarket options its ridiculous. first things first, this is bare bones stock, what in your opinion would be your first mod? programmer? k@n in stock box factory exhaust. i need some help with the first key PROVEN things to spend money on, know what i mean.
    Yea for sure i hear ya i honestly think the long tube headers , air box lid or if you want to spent about 300 bucks more get the volant intake.
    then decide on a cam you want that fits what your gonna do with the car along with some decent heads and oil pump. you will be at or close to 500 hp depending on what you buy ya know.
    but yea these cars are amazing

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

thanks bro

im really for the first time realizing the capability of this platform. i just want to go about it the right way. i have spent years learning tuning, and obd2 cars are different from any other platform. ive seen guys spend tons of money and only rob performance. im a flowmaster guy, and im seeing lots of posts that that muffler sucks on this platform. u know mustangs like bassani, my ultimate goal is to put a kenne bell on it, computer, pulleys, throttle body, intake, and eventually heads, but ive been told the stock platform will take alot of modification. for now i have to start small, so i plan on swapping computer, *i need advice on that, then programming it, exhaust, then ignition, intake, and eventually forced induction, also i need a tire that will transfer power on the ground. my tires are dry rotted. stock tires. first thing will b tires.... what rear end ratio is a 2000 z28

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

i need specs

g engine code. i need hp specs, torque, rearend ratio, trans type, etc. can anyone advise on that?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Joe! Good to have you aboard.

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

thank u

i have been told this is the site to reach out to for the right information on my platform. i need all the help i can get and i will share my insight as well. i am highly skilled in acoustics, car audio, *20 years experience, and performance, computers, electronics, etc. i have had many imports, this is my first american modern performance platform. any help would be greatly appreciated, and i will do all i can to advise wisely as well. thank u.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

im really for the first time realizing the capability of this platform. i just want to go about it the right way. i have spent years learning tuning, and obd2 cars are different from any other platform. ive seen guys spend tons of money and only rob performance. im a flowmaster guy, and im seeing lots of posts that that muffler sucks on this platform. u know mustangs like bassani, my ultimate goal is to put a kenne bell on it, computer, pulleys, throttle body, intake, and eventually heads, but ive been told the stock platform will take alot of modification. for now i have to start small, so i plan on swapping computer, *i need advice on that, then programming it, exhaust, then ignition, intake, and eventually forced induction, also i need a tire that will transfer power on the ground. my tires are dry rotted. stock tires. first thing will b tires.... what rear end ratio is a 2000 z28

are you auto or manual?
    Check out our site sponsor for tuning frost.
    And i run a flowmaster on my car here is a vid with out longtubes its just cat back.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You'll find plenty of helpful information here. Sounds like you have some to offer as well Check out the tech sections.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    And i run a flowmaster on my car here is a vid with out longtubes its just cat back.
    Oh good... I'm not the only one I like my flowmaster.

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

thanks, i look forward from learning from you and everyone else, maybe i can pass along some knoweledge as well.........thanks

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

i love 40 series for tone. and performance. but alot of people on here seem not to like them.

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

auto.. i wanted a 6 but i couldnt turn this down.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

i love 40 series for tone. and performance. but alot of people on here seem not to like them.
    wait till you here with some lts ill get a video of it soon if you want

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

that would be awesome. im going to do tires first on stock wheels for now. then first engine mod should be what? engine or exhaust? which side is weaker? intake or exhaust? which has the most to gain. i havent been underneath yet i assume the exhaust y's underneath into one through converters to muffler? i know the stock muffler has to come off. they are very restrictive.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

that would be awesome. im going to do tires first on stock wheels for now. then first engine mod should be what? engine or exhaust? which side is weaker? intake or exhaust? which has the most to gain. i havent been underneath yet i assume the exhaust y's underneath into one through converters to muffler? i know the stock muffler has to come off. they are very restrictive.
    Intake wont do much, f body exhaust are very restrictive have you looked under the driver side and seen that flatten pipe?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

To: LS1 newbie.

Welcome to the site. Trust me, it's heads and tails over the competition...

Since you're an auto best bang for the buck is a stall with accompanying tranny mods...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 10-07-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

no i just got it sat. i have worked 14 hours a day since. sunday i plan on goin through the car. i just dont know the specs. the purchase happened so fast i havent had time to go through the car. it was an opportunity i couldnt pass up, and now that i own it i love it. i just want some solid ideas on what to do and how to go about it. i can build anything, and i know your probably asking yourself why im asking basic questions, but i have learned people who own theese cars and made mistakes know best. i dont have the arsenal of equipment i used to, however i have the knoweledge, just need pointed in the right direction. thanks for takin the time to help... i mean it. some forums u go on people treat you like ur an idiot. im just an intelectual and inquisitve tuner. i like to learn from others misfortunes. i have spent TONS of money on other peoples advice and got nowhere. i know this forum has the capability and the knoweledge.

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

thanks man appreciate the warm welcome! this is a cool site. im very knoweledgeable and have years of experience in certain things. but this platform is new to me, and i want to go about it the right way, looking forward to talking to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information