Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

hello from Indiana, just got my first LS1! Anyone help with the hood?

hi to everyone, just got my 01 6sp. Camaro about a month ago. The car was a Z28 but the first owner re did it as a SS, its got a SLP loudmouth system and a ram air hood with functional air box, I've never seen this hood other than the one on my car, does anyone know who makes it? well thats it for now, I'm sure I'll come back for help soon as my car needs alittle work done over the winter and I'll most likely need the help. oh and i took it out to the track for my first time and ran a 13.5 flat @104mph, i was told that was good for a mostly stock car with a 6spd, but i plan on going faster.
    Last edited by Shermanator86; 10-09-2007 at 02:20 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    hi to everyone, just got my 01 6sp. Camaro about a month ago. The car was a Z28 but the first owner re did it as a SS, its got a SLP loudmouth system and a ram air hood with functional air box, I've never seen this hood other than the one on my car, does anyone know who makes it? well thats it for now, I'm sure I'll come back for help soon as my car needs alittle work done over the winter and I'll most likely need the help. oh and i took it out to the track for my first time and ran a 13.5 flat @104mph, i was told that was good for a mostly stock car with a 6spd, but i plan on going faster.
    Hello and welcome to the site. Nice times, you will find everything you need to make her as fast as you want on this site.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Welcome and nice Z, Now that ya own it, its time to make it faster
    As far as your hood im sure there are a few companys that make it but i know suncoast creations makes that hood.
    The hood with air box run around 1k. Its called "z style hood'.
    J
    Last edited by sunsetorangess; 10-09-2007 at 07:31 PM.
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Welcome and nice Z, Now that ya own it, its time to make it faster
    As far as your hood im sure there are a few companys that make it but i know suncoast creations makes that hood.
    The hood with air box run around 1k. Its called "z style hood'.
    J
    Yup! Suncoast makes it but just a quick update - Suncoast Creations is now Suncoast Automotive Performance, new owner, new logo, new website, and re-newed committment to the LS1 community. It is available through many of your sponsors or direct from the factory in Bradenton, FL. (No Foreign Stuff Here!)

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by suncoastprez View Post
    Yup! Suncoast makes it but just a quick update - Suncoast Creations is now Suncoast Automotive Performance, new owner, new logo, new website, and re-newed committment to the LS1 community. It is available through many of your sponsors or direct from the factory in Bradenton, FL. (No Foreign Stuff Here!)
    well after looking at suncoast's site i don't think mine is from them. the under side of mine looks alittle different but it could just be older or something, i'll post pics here soon of the underside because i also need help with me air inlet (the ruber tube that goes to the TB) its hard to explain with out a picture
    '01 SS hardtop 6-speed - SLP lid and smooth bellows, Magnaflow catback, TSP LT's and ORY, Tune by Frost, Founders PB,LCA's and RB's, UMI 2 pt SFC's, Strano front and rear sway bars- Strano springs and Bilsteins.

White
    2001 SS #3504

hello and welcome....

Thread Information