Thread: Hello im new

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Hello im new

HI my name is danny and im fairly new to the camaro scene. I sold my 1988 mustang GT to save this Z from being sold by my brother. i dont know much about these cars so any tips on the best modifications plz let me know. My Z has 103000 miles but its fairly well taken car of so far ive added Slps loudmouth cat back, some Ngk platinum sparks, slps cold air induction and lid, msd spark plug cables. what are the best modifications next...any tips

Awaiting Activation
    Welcome! Most people try to get all the bolt-on mods first. I would look at long tube headers and a LS6 intake manifold.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Welcome
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Long tubes sound good but i live in california so im trying to keep it emission legal and i have plans on lowering it so i dont know if long tubes will be an issue...ill be moving to arlington tx in about 6 months but i dont know how strict they are with emissions

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by DANs1998Z View Post
    Long tubes sound good but i live in california so im trying to keep it emission legal and i have plans on lowering it so i dont know if long tubes will be an issue...ill be moving to arlington tx in about 6 months but i dont know how strict they are with emissions
    you can lower it and still have longtubes. You should be fine in TX with LT's. There are several board members in TX with them

iz all good, most of the times they dnt check, if they do just keep hopping around until one place passes u, then keep going there. longtubes is legal, just put the cats on for it.. most of the cats nowadays are so non resistive..
    10-15 yrs ago a different story,,

Red
    1999 Z-28 convertible

Thumbs up

Welcome!

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

so any ideas on which longtubes that still retain the air and egr. i was looking at pacesetter but then their is Slp. which brand doyou recomend and which will last? hows edelbrock? and as far as suspension where do i start? i have a 98Zbut i went to my local junk yard and found a totaled SS so itook the springs and shocks and did some research...they are supposed to lower my car about half an inch they are level 2 progressive with the front being 300/450 and the rear 115/185 will this suspension be any good?

Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

i have SLP headers and they hang damn low so not recommened if you are going to lower it. time to think beating your old ways, mudstangs that is. you will kill about every stang you go up against. good luck with your car and American Muscle is were it is at.

Thread Information