Red Hot
    2001 VX SS Commodore

Talking Hello from Australia!

Hey LS1 Guys and Gals...

Found your site courtesy of LS1.com.au , where I am a member... so I thought I would drop on in over here and have a look around, as I am a Chev girl thru and thru (have a few more besides the LS1!)...

My LS1 ride is a 2001 VX SS Commodore... the sedan version of the 2001 GTO. She's coloured Red Hot (I believe the GTO was called Sting Red) ...and is my total pride and joy.

Look forward to spending a few hours shootin the breeze with other like minded folks!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

hello and welcome.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

welcome!!! lets see some pics of your ride!!! any mods?

Red Hot
    2001 VX SS Commodore

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    welcome!!! lets see some pics of your ride!!! any mods?
    Red is now proudly on display in the "member's ride" section... she is stock.

Currently considering some mods... lowering, GTO bonnet, mafless tune... you know, regular stuff! I like that she's a streeter though - stays under the radar (until I give her the boot, then there is no hiding her genetics!)

We have new "Hoon" legistlation here in Melbourne that I don't want to risk running foul of, because the ultimate consequence is losing your ride... unfortunately here in Australia, there is now the idea that if you drive a V8, you ARE a hoon, whether you act like one or not... so for now, Red is going to stay Au Naturel!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

what's a Hoon?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

what the hell is a hoon? lol is that austrailian for white trash? what do u mean running foul?? if fail your emissions test theyll take yoru car? that sounds like a fuckload of shit ..bastards

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my friends dad owns Motech, and they work out of Australia. Me and him were talking about Aussi cars and how cool they are, and he said they're way strict about modifying cars there, and you pretty much gotta leave them as you bought them.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    what the hell is a hoon? lol is that austrailian for white trash? what do u mean running foul?? if fail your emissions test theyll take yoru car? that sounds like a fuckload of shit ..bastards
    omg that last part just made me laugh sooo hard

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

howdy

red hot
    02 VX SS Holden Commodore

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    my friends dad owns Motech, and they work out of Australia. Me and him were talking about Aussi cars and how cool they are, and he said they're way strict about modifying cars there, and you pretty much gotta leave them as you bought them.
    only if your on p's

oops

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Welcome VXSSGURL. Gotta love the HotRod mamas. Sux to have to fly under the radar there downunder. Enjoy this site you hoon.lol

Red Hot
    2001 VX SS Commodore

Hey everyone!

Ah, sprungbad Throttlehappy! Which part of this arid land you at?

For everyone's question... a "Hoon" is pretty much anyone that drives a performance car and thrashes it on the street - street racing, burnouts, generally acting like a dick.

If you get caught by the boys in blue, you lose your ride instantly for 48 hours... if they deem you a bad enough Hoon, they can apply to the Courts to have it permanently. There are a couple of cases pending at the moment... one of them involves an 18 year old doing burnouts in Grannies 4cyl (why would you bother?)... so Granny has lost her car, first for 48 hours, now maybe it will go to the crusher...

Melbourne is built on car culture. There are several streets you just don't go into after dark unless you are there for a specific purpose - which involves a lot of downward pressure with the right foot!

Unfortunately, the Camry brigade (you know, those with the taupe sweaters) has prety much deemed anyone who drives a V8 as a Hoon... accelerate away from the lights harder than them (and how could you not with an LS1????), and next time you see them, they are shaking their heads at you like you are some sort of nutter...

Now, when we are out in the Six (66 Impala, pillarless, full show set up)... no one cares about whether we are hooning or not - they just stare! So the fact that you are giving it a bit (too much) gets "overlooked"

Once my post count increases, I'll post up some pics of "the Six", and also the 64 Bel Air, and the 64 Studey...

Like I said, I'm a Chev girl!

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    what's a Hoon?
    Geez, how many times do we have to explain this?

Welcome Ms Gurl, you will find this site far more relaxed than you are used to. Pull up a stool. ***Train*** is for general chit chat, or there is live chat. It's an interesting read of what's going on across the equator...

p.s. How's them tailgating trucks??

Thread Information