Thread: Hello all

White

Hello all

I will be completely honest, I just bought a complete LS1 to put in my Cherokee. I know nothing about them.... other than the normal stuff. I came complete with the wiring harness and computer.... I figured I would hover around this site for a while and try to learn about what I have... Im still trying to figure out the year of it. My buddy who works at Crest Chevrolet thinks its a 1995-1998. If anyone knows a sure fire way to determine that I would appreciate any info. I will post some photos of my Jeep in the future. About me: I own a sportfishing charter business in St Augustine FL. I live in Jax FL.
    If there are any members in my area please say hello, stop buy, I always have beer and enjoy turning wrenches. Im looking to get at least 350hp out of this motor.... Thanks. Capt. Adam

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LS1XJ View Post
    I will be completely honest, I just bought a complete LS1 to put in my Cherokee. I know nothing about them.... other than the normal stuff. I came complete with the wiring harness and computer.... I figured I would hover around this site for a while and try to learn about what I have... Im still trying to figure out the year of it. My buddy who works at Crest Chevrolet thinks its a 1995-1998. If anyone knows a sure fire way to determine that I would appreciate any info. I will post some photos of my Jeep in the future. About me: I own a sportfishing charter business in St Augustine FL. I live in Jax FL.
    If there are any members in my area please say hello, stop buy, I always have beer and enjoy turning wrenches. Im looking to get at least 350hp out of this motor.... Thanks. Capt. Adam
    hi and welcome to the site...

LS1 motors were not made in 95... 97 was their first appearence in the corvette... 98 they started in F-bodies... please have your friend fired...

350 is easy to make with just bolt ons... good luck and keep us informed and get some pictures of the progress!!!

White

hmmm, what would it be if it were pre 97... ?

White

He just told me he made a mistake, its an LT1.... crap. Is that even close to the same thing... or should I just sell it.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

He just told me he made a mistake, its an LT1.... crap. Is that even close to the same thing... or should I just sell it.
    LT1 is a great engine... only problem with them is the optispark...

White

funny you mention that.... mine is missing... What can you do about it, any good after market replacement? MSD or Jacobs? Someone has got to make a wiring harness to simplify this motor.... it just seems like there are vaccum hoses , wires, and misc. crap every where.... Maybe I should just stick with a carb 350 or 383..... I thought I wanted fuel injection... lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

funny you mention that.... mine is missing... What can you do about it, any good after market replacement? MSD or Jacobs? Someone has got to make a wiring harness to simplify this motor.... it just seems like there are vaccum hoses , wires, and misc. crap every where.... Maybe I should just stick with a carb 350 or 383..... I thought I wanted fuel injection... lol
    fuel injection > carb...

if you can get the optispark delete... i believe MSD makes it... lots of people don't like MSD (might suddenly die) but my brother has a LT1 impala with all msd stuff... his headers burnt through a msd plug wire and the sent him 8 new ones for free!!!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Welcome!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

White

Well this is the truck I was going to put it in...... I think Im going to sell it and go with another carbed motor...

White

Here is a pic of my last Cherokee, the other blue one in the background had just been wrecked... Cant see the windshield but my knoggin went right through it... lol This motor was 320hp at the crank, I would really like to get 350 to the ground.... Any buyers for a complete LT1 ?? Will trade for a fresh carb motor.... What do these sell for anyway? I paid 1,600 for it... It was said to be a complete , low mile motor... looks pretty clean.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Hello, you can put a carb. on the LT1 engine. Just swap intake manifolds.
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

Thread Information