Thread: Hello All

White
    1999 Trans Am

Hello All

New member from North Central Texas just saying hello. I haven't had a performance car in a long time. Last two were 1977 6.6 T/A and 1983 Z-28. Now I am the proud owner of a 1999 LS1 Trans Am. I have a background in racing,however Top Fuel Harley knowledge probably isn't going to help much. I am sure I will be asking silly newbie questions, but I catch on quick. I look forward to hearing from you Pontiac brothers and sisters. Thanks for having me!
    Nitro13

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome to the site, Eric. There are no silly questions

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats and welcome! Anything been done to the '99?

White
    1999 Trans Am

Stagg struts and shocks,SLP intake, strut tower brace, C5ZO6 wheels, Flowmaster, and a Hypertech Max Energy 32500. That was before I found this site or I'm sure I would have the Frost tune. I'm not sure I like the hypertech anyway. Also has 3:73 gears. Thanks for asking!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Our car came with a Hypertech when we bought it. I have since upgraded to a Frost mail order tune with changes over time. I use the Hypertech as a supplemental gauge now and have it mounted to the passenger side cupholder. I can see live engine data and configure the display any way I wish. At the track, it is generally set to display knock retard, intake air temp, engine coolant temp (factory gauge is worthless), and one other function that I generally change out from time to time.

White
    1999 Trans Am

Next purchase which is probably going to be today is poly end links front and back, ta poly bushing, and weld in tube SFC.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Moving the torque arm front mount off the transmission is a good idea. UMI makes a nice replacement x-member that does this for not a whole lot of $$. I started with 2 point bolt in SFC's and then switched it up to 3 points after we started hanging out at the track more. For a street car, the 2 points are a perfect upgrade.

White
    1999 Trans Am

I don't plan on racing it ,but it would be nice to get a couple of et slips just for grins. I raced Top fuel Harleys for about 15 years so the fun factor is a little lower these days. The fastest we ever ran was 218 at 6.52 in Las Vegas about 10years ago. I guess this is my mid life crisis car lol. I let my son have my 2000 Impala and just decided I wanted something like I had years ago. My first T/A was a 77 with the 400 and turbo 350. Yea I know I'm old lol,

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Bone stock, these cars will lay down a mid to low 13 second pass. Some minor upgrades will drop you into the 12's pretty easily in good air. No where near what you ran with the bike, but still a whole lot of fun.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

welcome to the community

Thread Information