Thread: Hello

Yellow primer
    1957 Chevy truck

Thumbs up Hello

Just wanted to say a quick hello and take the time to introduce my self. I live in Gilbert AZ and have been here for approx 12 years. I have 1 girl and 5 boys so most of my time goes to them and my wife. I have many hobbies which include working on our recent new home. My wife an I always have ideas of changing things so I alwasy have ongoing projects around the house.
    My next biggest hobby is my truck. My first was a 68 Short bed GMC that I rebuilt about 2 years ago. Unfortunately I sold it since a good offer came around as well as my likings for an older pickup. My current project consists of a 57 chevy truck (57 cab with a 58 fleetside bed). Currently it is in the process (90% complete) of having all C4 suspension installed on it. I also have an LS1 motor/tranny combo that i'm working on for the truck. I have always ended up on this forum through searches via the web for many questions that I have had. Needless to say, I have found many answers or referrals to my questions on this forum. Due to this, I thought, well I know I don't have a Camero, Firebird or Vette but I decided to join anyway since I can relate to much helpful info on this forum.

Yellow primer
    1957 Chevy truck

I have installed a new intake with a 90mm TB on my LS1 and i'm having a little clearance issue with the coolent tube up front of the motor. It will not let the TB/intake sit all the way down. It is probably keeping it up by about a 1/4". I was told to just remove the tube and block off the holes. Is this the best thing to do?

Thread Information