Thread: Hello

black
    2000 NHRA Formula

Hello

Just signed up today. Hoping this site will help me figure out some things going on with my car..... Got an oil leak. I have chased it down with a hammer......after changing the valve cover gaskets and the rear main.... Pretty sure its the oil pressure sensor..... Will check the forms to see how to get to the sucker.... Kinda know where it is... Feel like cutting a hole in the floor board..... LOL Hate taking the intake off for a little part....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You don't have to take off the intake to get to the oil pressure sending unit, when I swapped my manifolds out I broke mine and that was really the only way I would have ever known it was there so yah it's a bitch to get to. You have a sensor that needs to be unplugged then they have an opsu socket to take it off. Check ls1howto.com and installuniversity.com and look for the manifold swaps you will see it in the back, if you can get a mirror in there with light you will saveyourself some time from taking all that mess apart.

yellow jacket
    04 gto

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You don't have to take off the intake to get to the oil pressure sending unit, when I swapped my manifolds out I broke mine and that was really the only way I would have ever known it was there so yah it's a bitch to get to. You have a sensor that needs to be unplugged then they have an opsu socket to take it off. Check ls1howto.com and installuniversity.com and look for the manifold swaps you will see it in the back, if you can get a mirror in there with light you will saveyourself some time from taking all that mess apart.
    +1 its a bitch but can be done

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The bitch is you have to feel around for it and it all feels like it's in the way...
    Found a pic of it with everything out of the way.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...some-help.html

Thread Information