Thread: Hello

Black
    LSx'ed Nissan Pickup :D

Hello

I have been a member here for a while now, but since I am finally getting my project underway I thought I'd finally make my first post.

Anyway my name is Tom and I live in Frederick, MD

My project is a 1995 Nissan Kingcab pickup truck, currently powered by a Twin turbo 3.0L V6, making 500WHP. I've converted to 5-lug hubs, Ford 8.8" rear, 3.73 gears, 31 spline moser axles, SVT trac-loc diff, 13" brembo rotors of an 03 cobra, Wilwood 4 pot calipers.

Why I'm here, I am going to be swapping out the 3.0L Nissan power plant for a 5.7L or 6.0L LS1/LS2 (depends on weather or not the LS1 block I already have can be honed out or if I need to buy a new block which if that happens it will be either LS2 or LS3 )

Why the power plant switch? I want to be able to make the WHP I have now, but with an all motor V8 I'll have a lot more response low in the RPM range (no lag) and I can build on heck of a LSX for what the turbos would cost me to take my 3.0L V6 to the next level. where as a little nitrous in a 500WHP LSx will have me reaching for the stars for thou$and$ less that the big turbo v6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Belated welcome. Sounds like quite the project you are delving into. Post up some pics when things start progressing.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

welcome to the site

Thread Information