RED
    99 Chevy Camaro

Hello from $hicago

Hi,
    New member trying to find some info on a 99 camaro I bought brand spankin' new in 99. Has been an excellent car concidering the was it has been beat by the lovely road conditions of everyday chicago driving and a driver with no patience. Has 50K on the tiny little 6 no frills just seems like age is catch up with it. Window motor needs to be replaced and I'm the girl to do it. Need some info on how to get the thing out without spending a bundle. She was my first NEW car and I will never get rid of her. When the motor goes and some money is laying around maybe I will retire her from an every day driver to a blown big block or a flower pot depending on the money situation. I want to thank everyone in advance in assisting in any questions I may have and please forgive me if they are stupid.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Welcome eronswife. Ahh, A motor head girl with a can-do attitude.
    I hav'nt taken one out of a GM car before but have replaced on an 86 couger before. Generally, you take the door panel off or undo enough to get your arms in to the cutout access holes and un bolt.

RED
    99 Chevy Camaro

Thanks,

I have found (with help from the forum) how to replace the window motor. Looks like I should leave the kids in the house because I feel a couple of choice words might come flying out when my fingers get pinched. I have already got my nails cut and heading out to the local auto parts store. Again thanks to all I found a step by step on the forum WITH PICTURES.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Quote Originally Posted by eronswife View Post
    Thanks,

I have found (with help from the forum) how to replace the window motor. Looks like I should leave the kids in the house because I feel a couple of choice words might come flying out when my fingers get pinched. I have already got my nails cut and heading out to the local auto parts store. Again thanks to all I found a step by step on the forum WITH PICTURES.
    Good decision to leave the kids in the house and hope that it goes quick and painless.

Red
    1999 Z-28 convertible

Thumbs up

Welcome!

Thread Information