Thread: gto wheel hop

black
    2004 GTO LS1

gto wheel hop

First off i'd like to say hello to all, i'm new to the forum and glad to be here.

I bought my 2004 gto about a month ago, I really like it but i'm getting a lot of wheel hop! 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd! Can anyone offer me some info that will cure it or at least tame it down a bit ? any info will help
    thanks gregg

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Welcome to the board, Any questions you have just post them up in the correct section and you should get all the answers and advise you need.
    May have to look into some suspension work and new tires for the rear. Becareful with the wheel hop, One time is all it takes to snap alot of parts, trust me i know first hand.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

hi and welcome. yeah we have a gto section here. it helps out alot more. as for the wheel hop bmr drag bags will practicly take that away. plus you need to look under the gto sectio about bushings

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ggerg29 View Post
    First off i'd like to say hello to all, i'm new to the forum and glad to be here.

I bought my 2004 gto about a month ago, I really like it but i'm getting a lot of wheel hop! 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd! Can anyone offer me some info that will cure it or at least tame it down a bit ? any info will help
    thanks gregg
    Go to the GTO section, the cheapest thing to do is Drag Bags, however I put in a 1 piece Drive-Shaft, Harrop Rear Differential Cover, and BMR Half-Shafts, and BMR Axle stubs, and don't have the problem, however, I did just put on Drag bags for better track times, with DR's.....but My set-up is wayyyyy more expensive than most, the Drag bags will do it for you..
    Brad
    BTW welcome to the board alot of good info here, feel free to pm me with questions
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Thread Information