Thread: FNG here

Blue
    Chevy Malibu

FNG here

Bored at work and thought I would check it out.

Have a 1978 Malibu 406 sbc Fast Burn heads, forged bottom end 290 dur. 550 lift cam, 1 3/4 supercomps w/3" torque tech exhause & flowmasters. 700r4 (blown up way too many times), 8.5 " GN rear w/3.73, Commander 950 TBI. Best documented pass was 13.8 @ 100 with old engine. Blew up tranny years ago and have been too poor to finish the car yet again. With current flat tappet cam guessing bout 450ish. Hoping for 500 or so with roller cam....some day.

I guess I am gonna need some boost to keep up with you LSx guys tho huh???lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by loser187 View Post
    Bored at work and thought I would check it out.

Have a 1978 Malibu 406 sbc Fast Burn heads, forged bottom end 290 dur. 550 lift cam, 1 3/4 supercomps w/3" torque tech exhause & flowmasters. 700r4 (blown up way too many times), 8.5 " GN rear w/3.73, Commander 950 TBI. Best documented pass was 13.8 @ 100 with old engine. Blew up tranny years ago and have been too poor to finish the car yet again. With current flat tappet cam guessing bout 450ish. Hoping for 500 or so with roller cam....some day.

I guess I am gonna need some boost to keep up with you LSx guys tho huh???lol
    welcome to the site... it's average now days for guys to push out over 400 rwhp in lsx cars... i have a stock LS6 crate engine i dropped in my 99 trans am that dynoed close to 390 rwhp with just a air lid and cat back exhaust... now that i've got headers on it i should be well over 400 rwhp... boost... every one loves boost that has been in a FI car... yeah... i think you should do it!!!

Thread Information