Pewter
    1999 Z28

FNG from Acworth GA

Hey everyone. I have had my Z28 for about 5 years now. I have not done much to her...exhaust. I have never had any problems with her till now. The drivers window only work intermitantly. When it does not work I hear a clicking noise under the instrument cluster when I hit the switch. The passanger window works great. When the drivers window is working it works great, strong like bull. I have taken off the panel to look for anything out of the ordinarry with no luck. The drivers window motor has been replaced with no change. I am stumped

Any help will be awesome.
    Last edited by bigskycountry0329; 07-24-2009 at 10:14 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

post this up in the general help forum. Since the motor was changed did you look over the wires and make sure there are no shorts? These window motors are notorious for going out so just because it's a replacement motor doesn't mean there's not an issue with it.

Black
    2000 WS6

I am right up the road from you in Woodstock, GA. Welcome to the board. And Orian is right, could be an issue with the motor at this point.

Pewter
    1999 Z28

I will run through all the wiring and post what I find. I really dont think it is the motor because when the motor runs up and down it really seems strong, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks

Pewter
    1999 Z28

Express Down Module

I did some more research and the clicking noise is coming from the "express down module" (p.n. 12182126). I looked up the part number on the box. Anyways, has anyone ever heard of this part going bad. I used a fluke to check for shorts but could not find any.

Thread Information