Rally Red
    02 Camaro SS 35th Ann.LE

First-timer greetings!

First-timer Greetings to all, especially those who live in the Northwest Indiana in the (Dyer, Schererville, St. John) area.
    I have followed this site for quite some time as a visitor and it proved to be very helpful in making my recent Camaro purchase on Feb. 19th. While I had a daily driver 1988 5.0 RS a few years back, I recently acquired as the third owner, a 2002 35th Anniversary Edition SS LE with full front end stripes, CME, Stranos, Koni's and only 27,000 miles on it. Like the prior owners, I plan on carrying on their tradition of never taking it out in the rain or snow.

I'd would have liked to have included a photo, but I still need to get familiar with the site as to how to do that, any advise on how to accomplish this would be helpful. Look forward to hearing back.

Best regards to all LS1 followers.....Dave

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Welcome Dave to LS1, I hope this will help you.....http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138199

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Welcome to LS1.com... We like pictures..lol

Follow the instructions in the link provided and that should get you rollin'..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Hey fellow Hoosier, nice find. Is it M6? Always loved those stripes on Camaros.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome aboard, Dave! Looking forward to seeing pictures. Sounds like you scored

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Welcome to LS1.com.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Welcome!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Hello Dave,

Welcome to LS1.com! Glad you finally decided to join us

Rally Red
    02 Camaro SS 35th Ann.LE

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Welcome Dave to LS1, I hope this will help you.....http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138199
    Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone! I hope to be posting photos in a few days thanks to the link that was provided. Just wish the weather was better, I've only been able to take it out for a spin a few days after work, otherwise its parked safely in the garage.

Best regards ...dave

Rally Red
    02 Camaro SS 35th Ann.LE

Just in case my first message didn't go through,as I'm still new at this so it'll take a while to getting used to. I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome especially for the photo link that was provided. I hope to have some pictures of the SS up in a few days.

Best regards ...Dave

Rally Red
    02 Camaro SS 35th Ann.LE

Het Gang:

Quick question, I'm planning on getting a car cover for my SS I ran across to vastly different options, # 1 is called CarCapsule which is an indoor vinyl "bubble" that is anti-static, double-polished, radio frequency welded, 100% PVC. The zipper is heavy-duty 100% nylon and supposedly will not scratch the vehicle. The base material is 18 oz. Herculite and is impervious to oil, gas and antifreeze. It is also abrasion-resistant mildew-resistant, and will not support a flame. While a more expensive option then a cover it is an interesting concept and your car is totally on display whenever you open the garage door. talk about an ego booster!! Take a look at http://www.carcapsule.com/.

#2 There's this Touchless car cover as seen on Jay Leno's garage Unlike a traditional car cover, it supposedly take seconds to put the cover on or take it off. It's at http://www.touchlesscarcover.com/

Your thoughts, comments will be truly appreciated, my last chance to change my mind before I open up my wallet.

Best regards.... Dave

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Here are my thoughts on a bubble for your car................

If you plan on storing the car for over 10 years or more, I wouldn't get one.

Here are my thoughts on a touchless car cover...............

This might be a very good car cover but if you park your car in the garage with only dust getting on the car, its better for the surface of the car to simply wash the car when you get the car outside. But if you have some kids playing around your car in the garage then by all means get a car cover.

Rally Red
    02 Camaro SS 35th Ann.LE

I appreciate your comments and will probably just get a good indoor car cover. Any suggestions for one that has a smooth surface that comes in contact with the car? I was also thinking about an SLP cover with the 35th Anniversary SS logo on the front.

Thanks....Dave

Thread Information