Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Couldn't resist. Hello!

Hey there!

Trans Am's have been in my family since I was a little kid. My dad had an 85' then got a 2000 ws6. It was the coolest car in the world to me, and vowed to own one, one day. Well, I'm now on my 3rd!

After spending a little time browsing eBay and day dreaming, I found a very nice, low-milage black WS6 that was just an hour away from me. I went up and checked it out, and couldn't turn it down.

I've been getting a lot of help in another thread here, but just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Kevin, I'm 32, and also like to ride. I keep a CBR 954RR in the stable. Me and the Mrs. like to go dirt biking at times as well.

My last WS6 had a Procharger on it, and man was it fun, but was above my tech level when it came to maintenance. Ended up selling it, and glad to be back in the seat again!

I tried to post pictures but I got notifications saying the link was invalid.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome aboard, Kevin!

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Pie View Post
    Hey there!

Trans Am's have been in my family since I was a little kid. My dad had an 85' then got a 2000 ws6. It was the coolest car in the world to me, and vowed to own one, one day. Well, I'm now on my 3rd!

After spending a little time browsing eBay and day dreaming, I found a very nice, low-milage black WS6 that was just an hour away from me. I went up and checked it out, and couldn't turn it down.

I've been getting a lot of help in another thread here, but just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Kevin, I'm 32, and also like to ride. I keep a CBR 954RR in the stable. Me and the Mrs. like to go dirt biking at times as well.

My last WS6 had a Procharger on it, and man was it fun, but was above my tech level when it came to maintenance. Ended up selling it, and glad to be back in the seat again!

I tried to post pictures but I got notifications saying the link was invalid.
    Welcome!

I think you can post pics once you clear 10 posts.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Hello Kevin, nice car. I have a thing for black WS6s also.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Welcome to the family Kevin! I have a thing for black trans ams also. LOL
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome and while I don't have a black TransAm, I'm definitely a fan of the Procharger
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Thanks for the warm welcome

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Welcome and while I don't have a black TransAm, I'm definitely a fan of the Procharger
    Prochargers are no joke! I had the same one I believe. It was the 49 state legal one, so I had to uh.. jump through some hoops living in California. I'll just leave it at that. The sound of that thing rattling and sucking in air was no joke!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Kevin. You will need 10 posts to get your pictures up. Can't wait to see your ride.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

10 posts!

Time to share. For full disclosure, I didn't do ANY of these mods. I bought the car this way. I'm still trying to decide if it is a little TOO much red. I might end up taking off the red bird on the front plate, but I have to figure out the temp issue before I worry about it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S6iQFup.jpg  

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

that is a great find...hard to find birds in that condition these days. I actually like the red bird on the front of the car because it breaks up the front end. The engine bay has a little too much red for my taste tho...I will agree on that one.

Black
    2001 B4C Camaro

Like was already said...thats a clean car man. Like orangeguy said I could do with out all the red under the hood but its a really nice example of a well taken care of bird. Congrats on the score

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Very nice! I like the red accents. Goes nicely with the black. As far as under the hood, it's just the wire tubing that really screams at you. Easy to remove.

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Thanks fellas! Hopefully you can see why I couldn't pass this one up. With a lot of the high-milage run down ones for sale these days, this one stood out.

There is a lot of red under the hood, but a lot of it on the left side is after market stuff for the cars sound system. There is an ungodly amount of sound equipment in this ride, I figure just leave it as it is seeing how most people don't look under the hood.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Pie View Post
    Thanks fellas! Hopefully you can see why I couldn't pass this one up. With a lot of the high-milage run down ones for sale these days, this one stood out.

There is a lot of red under the hood, but a lot of it on the left side is after market stuff for the cars sound system. There is an ungodly amount of sound equipment in this ride, I figure just leave it as it is seeing how most people don't look under the hood.
    Look up the wire tuck MOD and you can get rid of a lot of that red tubing on the left side of the engine compartment.
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 01-19-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Absolutely beautiful ride!! As others have said, the bird on the front isn't bad, just under the hood is a little overkill. I would prefer a more subtle color red for the front bird. Maybe a darker shade to make it more of a stealth look. I don't use my front plate anymore. My front mount made me get rid of it.

Thread Information