Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ Noob

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

AZ Noob

Well not realy a noob, I have been around for a while, just reilized I had never set up an account here yet lol. I have spent A LOT of time over at "tech" and have found that there are a lot more open minds over here so I figure I will check it out. Some of you may know me and others may not but I am looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

My car is a 99 Z28, M6, and yes I have some much wider wheels that fill out the fenders better coming lol.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Sweet looking ride man.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I like that look, very different. Did you do the work on it yourself? I can see why you would want to be over here rather than tech....they must've railed you about thinking outside the box with your car...people here give their opinions, but most of us will not PUSH our opinions onto you like they do over there...that's why I don't post on tech.

I spent a few months off and on in Glendale, at Luke AFB. My best friend was stationed there and I was on a college internship for the BLM. Worked out pretty good, we had some good times. Looove AZ

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Welcome to LS1.com and i like the look! Tastefully done for sure.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments! Yes, I did get railed a bit during my build, I have found that people either LOVE my car or thay hate it with a passion lol, and yes, I did do all the work myself, its still not done, I am probably ditching the GFX and making a nose similar to the Dick Harrell cars, and adding a diffusor to the back, ALL black CCW's, & a little airbrush work in the stripe. That will about do it for appearance anyway.... these things are never done.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by McNord View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments! Yes, I did get railed a bit during my build, I have found that people either LOVE my car or thay hate it with a passion lol, and yes, I did do all the work myself, its still not done, I am probably ditching the GFX and making a nose similar to the Dick Harrell cars, and adding a diffusor to the back, ALL black CCW's, & a little airbrush work in the stripe. That will about do it for appearance anyway.... these things are never done.
    CCW what? (Not that it matters, they are all B-E-A-utiful)

Just a suggestion, and you can take it as just that. IMO with the black wheels, maybe paint your gas cap black as well? Your car, of course The Dick Harrell Camaro look seems like what you're going for anyway, so the front will look better when you change it, but you already knew that, hence the reason you're doing it Diffuser will look cool, too.

What kind of engine mods you got going to match up to the race car look?

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    CCW what? (Not that it matters, they are all B-E-A-utiful)

Just a suggestion, and you can take it as just that. IMO with the black wheels, maybe paint your gas cap black as well? Your car, of course The Dick Harrell Camaro look seems like what you're going for anyway, so the front will look better when you change it, but you already knew that, hence the reason you're doing it Diffuser will look cool, too.

What kind of engine mods you got going to match up to the race car look?
    Right now its full bolt-ons/cam, I am not sure what I want to do exactly, I will be doing autoX & some road racing track days with the car, leaning twards a built LS3.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Right now its full bolt-ons/cam, I am not sure what I want to do exactly, I will be doing autoX & some road racing track days with the car, leaning twards a built LS3.
    Very cool. Yeah, I've been doing the engine research lately. LS3 seems to be the most solid base to start a build, without going full out LSX block. I found a crate LS3 with hotcam for 6,500 just searching around...not bad really, 480hp rated engine. Of course you have to account for the swap procedure into our cars, but I still think it would be well worth it in the end. I'm at 176k miles, so I'm just about ready to start thinking about what I want to really build my car into

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You're welcome and I think black CCWs would look sharp on it!

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

Very cool. Yeah, I've been doing the engine research lately. LS3 seems to be the most solid base to start a build, without going full out LSX block. I found a crate LS3 with hotcam for 6,500 just searching around...not bad really, 480hp rated engine. Of course you have to account for the swap procedure into our cars, but I still think it would be well worth it in the end. I'm at 176k miles, so I'm just about ready to start thinking about what I want to really build my car into
    Thats what I was thinking, sounds like a nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    You're welcome and I think black CCWs would look sharp on it!
    Couple of renderings I did of the look I am going for...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Thats what I was thinking, sounds like a nice find!

Couple of renderings I did of the look I am going for...

Click for full size

Click for full size
    That will look SLICK!! And nice rendering, must be what you do for a living?

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

That will look SLICK!! And nice rendering, must be what you do for a living?
    Thanks, and yes it is my livelyhood.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Hmmmmmm... (contemplates asking for renderings in the future to get some ideas for his own car)

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

Hmmmmmm... (contemplates asking for renderings in the future to get some ideas for his own car)
    Let me know, I might be able to help you out lol.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Let me know, I might be able to help you out lol.
    I've just been swirling paint ideas in my head for sometime now. I want something a bit different, but not too outlandish. I won't bother you with it until I get more serious about it, but it would be good to get a nice visual Thanks

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Awesome! What program are you using? I'm a graphic designer.

Arctic White
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Awesome! What program are you using? I'm a graphic designer.
    That was done in Illustrator. I was a graphic designer for a while too, now I am focusing more on illustration, digital & traditional.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Photoshop guy here and I need to get back into the hand drawing thing. The computer world has lazied me out too much.

That was done in Illustrator. I was a graphic designer for a while too, now I am focusing more on illustration, digital & traditional.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Welcome to the site, your car is like a love hate relationship and it's different thats for sure.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

wow man its lookin really slick!! i havent seen the white and green and i love it with the black wheel design!

and welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information