Thread: 99 ws6

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

99 ws6

Just joined and thought i'd say hi. Already found lots of good info on the sight diggin around.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

welcome to the site!!! what all do you got done to your ride???

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

welcome
    post up some pics of the TA and what you have done to it!

http://lswut.blogspot.com/
    My Build Thread
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126838
    my cam is just a little big and my car is a little loud

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

will get pics up soon. at work right now and doin this on my cell phone. lol, i know i'm a t/a lifer, right? will post some 2 nite and list mods for sure.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Sorry, apparently I can't post pics right now. So I'll list my mods. Car needs a wash & wax for better pics anyway. Eagle ESP forged steel crank balanced, Eagle ESP pin fit 4340 h-beam connecting rods, keith black .100 dome pistons, TPS custom ground cam (216 intake and 220 exhast at .050, 326 intake and 330ehaust lobe lift, gross valve lift of .555 intake and .561 exhaust; at 116* lobe sep.) Dart Pro 1 custom aluminum heads, Weiand custom intake, SLP air box - engined dyno tuned for speed density at Hutter Racing Engines, QTP full length headers to a 3 inch Borla exhaust, RAM powergrip clutch with Fidanza billet aluminum flywheel, custom Carbon-Fiber driveshaft by Custom Clutch, Hotchkis and Global West suspension stuff all around, Detroit Trutrac diff. with Richmond 4.10 gears, Stage 3 t56 tranny, and a lot more stuff i can't remember right now - but with all I've listed I'm sure you can tell I did my homework before building this one. Weather will play on how soon I can get it washed and waxed up - supposed to start snowing again so may be awhile. Pretty much looks like a stock 99 ws6, just sits a little lower. Best time i've put down in a 1/4 is 11.81 at 121 mph. Think I might be able to do a little better though I'm afraid to without a complete rear end swap. I broke 3 teeth off my pinion gear and 4 off my ring gear. That's why I'm running 4.10s now - my buddy had them new in the box. Didn't really go for the shiny or pretty look - more went for the performance aspect. What ya think?
    Last edited by Knight; 01-25-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: remembered a few more things

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome to the site. Impressive mod list you got there.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Thanks. Got a few other ideas but extra time is hard to come by right now with work and all, so who knows what I'll get done before cruzin season. Toying with an STS turbo kit but not sure. Anyone had any experience with one? BTW tep98ws6, what are you currently shooting? Right now I've gone kinda old school and am shooting a Taurus 44 revolver, stainless with the 8 3/8 barrel. Threw a Bushnell Trophy scope on it. Pretty good setup - at 100 yrds I can get a 1 inch grouping but I have to run 44 rifle hand loads to do it. Mainly use it just for squirrel and the like - lol.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    BTW tep98ws6, what are you currently shooting? Right now I've gone kinda old school and am shooting a Taurus 44 revolver, stainless with the 8 3/8 barrel. Threw a Bushnell Trophy scope on it. Pretty good setup - at 100 yrds I can get a 1 inch grouping but I have to run 44 rifle hand loads to do it. Mainly use it just for squirrel and the like - lol.
    whatever i get a hold of i don't own my own yet. still kind of browsing to see what i like. i just started shooting last summer out of boredom while camping in the country. we had a lot of beer cans from the night before so we decided to off them

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

welcome. nice list of mods. i'm in lakewood. if you go to norwalk in the spring/ summer pm me. but if your on the east i bet you go to thompson.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Yeah, I do usually run at Thompson with some other people. Got a buddy who runs an 8 second monte carlo who goes to Norwalk so maybe I'll run out there sometime. I know it's a faster track than Thompson so I would like to see what I could do there, but still wary of goin all out on launch. Last time I fried the gears and they were 3.42s. Now i got 4.10 so not sure what would happen. Would give me a good reason to throw a 9 inch under it though. PM me if you decide to head out to no mans land and run. We got some wicked fast Amish buggies out here!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    whatever i get a hold of i don't own my own yet. still kind of browsing to see what i like. i just started shooting last summer out of boredom while camping in the country. we had a lot of beer cans from the night before so we decided to off them
    Best way to do it - Use someone elses ammo, it's cheaper that way!
    Beer cans do make pretty good targets too. Let me know what your lookin for when you decide to get one - my cousin deals with them (legit, not out of the back of his car) so can get some pretty cool stuff for cost. I've shot some pretty wild guns he has come through. Just watch shooting out in the country - everybody has guns out here!

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

get the 12 bolt or 9 inch.
    what year monte?
    i have an 87 monte ss aerocoupe too.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Yeah, I do usually run at Thompson with some other people. Got a buddy who runs an 8 second monte carlo who goes to Norwalk so maybe I'll run out there sometime. I know it's a faster track than Thompson so I would like to see what I could do there, but still wary of goin all out on launch. Last time I fried the gears and they were 3.42s. Now i got 4.10 so not sure what would happen. Would give me a good reason to throw a 9 inch under it though. PM me if you decide to head out to no mans land and run. We got some wicked fast Amish buggies out here!
    my aunt lives in chardon off rt8.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    get the 12 bolt or 9 inch.
    what year monte?
    i have an 87 monte ss aerocoupe too.
    Its a tube chassis with a carbon fiber body. Modeled after the late 70s montes. My parents live in Chardon, i live further east a little east of middlefield.

Thread Information