Thread: WS6 Tuning? ??

Blog Entries

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

WS6 Tuning? ??

Maybe a dumb question but I was wondering if getting my ws6 tuned would increase the performance....it's a factory ws6 with nothing added to it?????

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Check out tunedbyfrost.com He has about the best hands down mail order tune. For stock and mild bolt on's like headers and intakes his tune can wake up the motor.

Quick turn around too. Mail out Monday, should have it back by Friday.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

What ^^^^ SMWS6TA said. You cant beat a Frost tune. Even with a 100% stock car, the tune will improve everything. From better gas milage to more performance.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Blog Entries

Red

Thanks for the advice. Just wanting know what I can get out of my stock WS6 before I start doing the bolt-ons.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you are doing bolt-ons, I'd wait til after to get a tune so you only pay for it once. Unless you are dead set on getting a baseline to see the results of your modifications. Either way, Steve (frost) is the man.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Blog Entries

Red

Ok, It will probably be a month or so before I start doing the bolt-ons.. Just wanted to see what it would do with the factory WS6 Ram-Air and exhaust..

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I have seen 100% stock cars range from 280-330hp. It really depends on a bunch of variables. The dyno itself, weather, drivetrain (auto or man) and even the engine itself. Sometimes 1 engine assembled just after another, will make 20 more hp with no reasonable explanation. I agree with 35th-ANV-SS, that getting on a dyno isn't really worth it, UNLESS you really want to know what difference the money and parts you put into your ride made. If you can catch a group dyno day, that would probably be your cheapest way to get on a dyno. They normally will charge less for the dyno time.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

FYI original tune is $150 + S/H and each additional retune is $50 + S/H
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Also depends on if you are an A4 or an M6. On an A4 car Frost tweaks the transmission settings and you will notice a difference irrespective of what has, or has not been done, under the hood.

Thread Information