2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Where is the BCM located on 98-02 LS1 cars?

Just as the title reads...

I've been doing alot of digging, as I'm looking at picking up a '99 Z28 with a few mods and one of 3 problems is that the guy said the radio and windows occasionally work when they want to. So about a week ago, my driver's side window started to die on me (relatively new motor). I kept thinking it must be a bad connection inside the door, but I keep hearing a "click" under the dash, more-so on the passenger side.

I found out thats where the BCM (Body Control Module) is located. My question is, does anybody have any experience with fixing this same problem? From what I understand, it seems to me that the soldering on the face of the circuit board cracks, and needs to either be re-soldered or just replaced with a new unit. I've already checked the ground, which from what I understand, is under the kick panel by the hood latch, and its tight.

Pictures? Descriptive Details? Any help would be greatlyy appreciated... I'm starting to get frustrated. Any time I need to run to the store or drop kids off at softball practice, etc. I'm having to take the truck

Black
    1998 WS6 T/A

If its just one window that failing, I doubt its a problem with the BCM, I did the BCM fix and it was real easy, but it takes the radio and both windows out all together. Sounds like you got maybe a bad fuse or relay.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ght=BCM+solder

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Just as the title reads...

I've been doing alot of digging, as I'm looking at picking up a '99 Z28 with a few mods and one of 3 problems is that the guy said the radio and windows occasionally work when they want to. So about a week ago, my driver's side window started to die on me (relatively new motor). I kept thinking it must be a bad connection inside the door, but I keep hearing a "click" under the dash, more-so on the passenger side.

I found out thats where the BCM (Body Control Module) is located. My question is, does anybody have any experience with fixing this same problem? From what I understand, it seems to me that the soldering on the face of the circuit board cracks, and needs to either be re-soldered or just replaced with a new unit. I've already checked the ground, which from what I understand, is under the kick panel by the hood latch, and its tight.

Pictures? Descriptive Details? Any help would be greatlyy appreciated... I'm starting to get frustrated. Any time I need to run to the store or drop kids off at softball practice, etc. I'm having to take the truck
    This is a complete write up I did just a few days ago.. Has all you need to know in it..

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144674
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by mike171562 View Post
    If its just one window that failing, I doubt its a problem with the BCM, I did the BCM fix and it was real easy, but it takes the radio and both windows out all together. Sounds like you got maybe a bad fuse or relay.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ght=BCM+solder
    Well, I was leaving DQ the other day gettin a blizzard, and my radio lost power for a good 10 seconds and then came back on. 2 days ago, my girlfriend went to roll the passenger side window up and it wouldn't go up. 3 or 4 tries later it went up... this is why I'm leaning towards troubleshooting the BCM

Will check into both of these, thanks guys! Hopefully I'll have time after work tomorrow, luckily we haven't had any rain in like the last 2 weeks here

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

sounds like that, I had the same issues, re-soldered the BCM and it's been good to me ever since

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

so you're saying that because i too here the "click" coming from the passenger side my BCM might be having some issues?

My driver's side window motor does not work, but I attribute that to a bad motor, not the BCM. However, my interior lights stay "on/lit" when I have the fuse inserted in the courtesy lights fuse location on the fuse panel (no the dimmer switch is not turned to on, not are the map lights on).

Is this a possible issue with the BCM in regards to my courtesy lights? I ask because it goes away when the fuse is pinned in the fuse panel.

Black
    1998 WS6 T/A

i dont recall hearing a click from my BCM when it was not working, I do remember hearing a click from the BCM when I had a bad fuse, when your courtesy lights stop working, does it affect your door-locks?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

no, those work. this is on my '98 TA, not the SS...

Thread Information