Thread: tuning question

Red
    2000 SS

tuning question

im still kinda new to camaro's. and im just wondering what a tuner exactly does?? and as far as horsepower?? i searched it on the thread but didnt find what i was wanting to know. i also saw alot of people get a tune when they do a big mod or are going to dyno it. sorry for the noob question but i came up on some money and want some good cheap horsepower. Thanks

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by L...S...1 View Post
    im still kinda new to camaro's. and im just wondering what a tuner exactly does?? and as far as horsepower?? i searched it on the thread but didnt find what i was wanting to know. i also saw alot of people get a tune when they do a big mod or are going to dyno it. sorry for the noob question but i came up on some money and want some good cheap horsepower. Thanks
    You might try getting a hold of Frost, or Orion. They maybe able to help you.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    2000 SS

okay. they are on this forum right?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by L...S...1 View Post
    okay. they are on this forum right?
    yep. Orion is a mod. Frost has a web site link in the upper right hand corner of the page.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Frost does mail order tunes for $125. What mods do you have done or are you completely stock? Usually what will happen is your air fuel ratio will get leaned out a little to 12.8-13.0 :1 which will give you more power and then you will get a few more degrees of timing. Frost will be able to tell you more as to what gains you'd see on a dynoe but I would guess ~20HP. You would see a difference in throttle response and the difference will be noticable. Do you have an auto or manual? On auto's a lot can be done with the shift settings that will also be a huge noticable improvement.
    Do you have plans for mods in the near future and if so what are they? I'm going to move this to the tuning section and Frost will definitely see it and give you a better response as to what he can do for you.

Red
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Frost does mail order tunes for $125. What mods do you have done or are you completely stock? Usually what will happen is your air fuel ratio will get leaned out a little to 12.8-13.0 :1 which will give you more power and then you will get a few more degrees of timing. Frost will be able to tell you more as to what gains you'd see on a dynoe but I would guess ~20HP. You would see a difference in throttle response and the difference will be noticable. Do you have an auto or manual? On auto's a lot can be done with the shift settings that will also be a huge noticable improvement.
    Do you have plans for mods in the near future and if so what are they? I'm going to move this to the tuning section and Frost will definitely see it and give you a better response as to what he can do for you.
    Thanks for your reply. right now i have k&n intake and slp loudmouth exhaust. its a 6speed. and for future mods nothing for a while. and since im in CA i cant get longtubes. so im gunna stick with what i got for now.

Red
    2000 SS

Also what exactly happens on a dyno tune? i was just looking around the tuning part and it seems like alot of people prefer the dyno tune. around how would that be? and what kind of gains would it produce??

Thread Information