Tuning program to turn off EGR controls?

I have a 1999 Camaro with an LS1. I have an EGR block-off kit install for a couple of years now and have been living with a SES for those two years as well.

I just found out that I can turn of the reporting controls of the EGR system to the PCM and then it will successfully turn off my SES. I have a Hypertech tuner, but it doesn't allow changes like that.

From what I understand...a LS1 Edit or HP Tuner will allow the PCM function of the EGR to be turned off. I don't want to buy a whole new tuner, but does anyone know of a way to turn off my SES with the EGR block-off kit installed?

A tuning shop can turn the EGR off for you - return the HPP3 to stock first before making changes so it becomes part of your stock tune. Constant SES isn't good, won't know when something else happens unless it starts flashing for a misfire or something. I know a place in northjax that can do it for you, not sure how much they charge but only takes a few minutes.

Definitely give me the shop name. Very interested...

jglisso@aol.com

98 Formula
    06 duramax

also, check with mrr23 on here. He's in orlando which is a couple hours south of you but he could probably hook you up.

mrr23? You know his email addy by any chance?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it's this one. what do you want done? being a 99, i have unlimited access to it.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information