Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Tune issue/question

So I got an ASA cam installed along with a 3500 stall w/xmsn cooler. The rest of the mods are in sig. The car seems to have a few issues that I think have something to do with the tune. After the cam install it had a street tune put in it and it drives well with a lil bucking every now and then. The only issues are that sometimes after running it for a while upon restart it will fire right up and then stall out, the only way to keep her running is to rev it up to about 3K+ for a few seconds and then lightly keep it above 1K. A few seconds of this and she idles normally. Then today I had her out during hot and humid weather, a storm was rolling in and this was maybe 15 minutes before it hit, well the temp was around 80 plus it was thick and humid, needless to say the car ran a bit rough and even sounded different. I'm gonna try and get it on the dyno friday. Could these two issues have to do with the street tune?

ASA Cam, Built A4, 3500 Stall, LT's, ORY, Hooker CB, E Cut-out, Lid, Modified SSRA, , SFC's,UMI Tq Arm w/relo, Spohn LCA's, 3.73's, Free Mods, Dyno tuned by James @ SpeedShift Performance. Need more suspension mods!!!

Blue
    1999 Blown Trans Am

First I can’t see your Sig. So I may be way off but depending on what kind of tune it is will affect your car. I know SD Tunes are real temperamental to temp change. Knowing your tune would be great as far as what was done. Did you do it or did you have it done? Has your IAT sensor been relocated? Has your VE Table been adjusted along with your Spark table?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Have you checked all the obvious mechanical stuff first like a vacuum leak or dirty MAF? Has it had the idle issues since the tune or is this something that just started out of the blue? It does sound like something a better tune would fix but without going over the car it's hard to tell. Did he actually log the car at idle and on the street when he did the tune the first time?

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Ok so about a week ago I found that the IAT was loose in it's mount and the probe tip protectors were broken. I replaced the IAT and it seems to drive better but still has an issue every now and then. The guy who did the tune is the same who handled the cam install. I was supposed to take it in tomorrow so he can wrap it up on the dyno but that will have to wait till after my xmsn swap.

Thread Information