Thread: tune

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

tune

ok so here is my problem i am wanting to get frost mail order tune but have not done any major part upgrades however is it possible to get tuned then later when i have done more to my car retune it ?

Sure, you can always go back in and touch up the tune at anytime.
    But if you are paying for it each time it can get a little expensive.

Most will tell you to wait until most of your mods are done however.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Do you have an A4 or M6?

I've been doing some reading on this, and from what I've seen, even if your A4 is bone stock, it's worth it. He can adjust the tranny shift points and eliminate torque management, among other things.

On a stock M6, prob not worth is, since obviously he can't tune anything tranny related.

I only have a few small mods on my car, but since it's an A4 a Frost tune is on my short list of future mods.

silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

my 02 is all stock except for lid and catback and just got my computer done by frost and it changed the way my car ran completely. it idles better and dont search for gears and it will light the tires up in second and bark them in drive. FROST TUNING ROCKS!!!!! i think it was worth every penny.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

if ur planing a cam any time soon i would wait on it... if your just planning on doing headers later go for it... if your an A4 i wouldn't wait another day i got my tune before i installed my headers which deleted my EGR & AIR and also deleted my rear 02's, adjusted the tranny(which was good enough on its own)... then a couple days later i installed the headers with an ORY-pipe... car sounds amazing,runs amazing, and performers better than i thought this tune would do.... at half throttle my low trac light will kick on from the tires chirping in to second gear!!! A+

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

well with the mods done to my car which is a kn filter kit aftermarket tb a jet mass air flow it didnt seem like frost would even do it so guess i am now screwed wtf didnt wana mod this with cam headers or anything big . why is it every time i have a plan its shit right off the bat might as well give up .

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I had a Frost tune on a mostly stock car and then about a year later I added headers and a few other things. I had Frost retune the computer again. Not a big deal at all. I was willing to pay full price twice, but he gave me a little discount on the second one since it was within a year of the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by pewter Z28 View Post
    well with the mods done to my car which is a kn filter kit aftermarket tb a jet mass air flow it didnt seem like frost would even do it so guess i am now screwed wtf didnt wana mod this with cam headers or anything big . why is it every time i have a plan its shit right off the bat might as well give up .
    So you have a KN filter, an Aftermarket throttle body, and Jet MAF?? And Frost didn't wanna tune it? Probably because of the Jet MAF...you might wanna consider going back to a stock MAF.
    What TB did you get??

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I had a Frost tune on a mostly stock car and then about a year later I added headers and a few other things. I had Frost retune the computer again. Not a big deal at all. I was willing to pay full price twice, but he gave me a little discount on the second one since it was within a year of the last one.

So you have a KN filter, an Aftermarket throttle body, and Jet MAF?? And Frost didn't wanna tune it? Probably because of the Jet MAF...you might wanna consider going back to a stock MAF.
    What TB did you get??
    all was on car when i got it it has a performance power tb i am willing to toss mass air flow dont really care but dont know if they are willing to still tune

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

all was on car when i got it it has a performance power tb i am willing to toss mass air flow dont really care but dont know if they are willing to still tune
    Frost tuning isn't "they"...its just one guy. And yes he will mail order tune your car unless they is some mods beyond the scope of a mail order tune. Just hang in there, we'll help you out.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

also an FYI if u dont want to get headers right away he can still tune your car for headers... i asked him that question and he said it is better to run the tune without headers than it would be to run the car with headers and without the tune!!! for the price he offers the mail order tunes even if u are mostly stock its the best thing u can do for performance for that price range!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Frost tuning isn't "they"...its just one guy. And yes he will mail order tune your car unless they is some mods beyond the scope of a mail order tune. Just hang in there, we'll help you out.
    frost may not want to tune with that jet maf on there......might not feel comfortable tuning without calibrating that maf. I'm not familiar with jet but historically speaking aftermarket maf's are a pain in the butt unless you calibrate them. I'm not speaking for Frost so maybe he'll chime in here....I'm just speculating.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

just ask him what to you need to remove to have the mail tune done. I agree is most likely the MAF.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    frost may not want to tune with that jet maf on there......might not feel comfortable tuning without calibrating that maf. I'm not familiar with jet but historically speaking aftermarket maf's are a pain in the butt unless you calibrate them. I'm not speaking for Frost so maybe he'll chime in here....I'm just speculating.
    This.

I told him via PM that the Jet MAFs are kind of all over the place out of the box. I only provide calibrations where I know I am within means and I'm not comfortable sending out what would amount to "guess work". I also mentioned in the PM that the stock MAF is more than fine for bolt-ons cars; it's just not a place to find HP.

I'm being honest by not taking the work with that MAF. I could say "sure" and just send whatever, but I wouldn't like that if I were the customer, so I'm being honest about a limitation.

Black
    2001 Formula

I trust frost 100%. He has tuned my car twice for me and I have talked to him on the phone. He's a great guy.

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

he is i just put gm mass air on car i just dont know alot about these cars so i am takeing advise and installed new gm mass air today and willing to do other just to get it tuned by frost cause of the great things i have heard so please let me know what i need to do and its done im lost

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

he is i just put gm mass air on car i just dont know alot about these cars so i am takeing advise and installed new gm mass air today and willing to do other just to get it tuned by frost cause of the great things i have heard so please let me know what i need to do and its done im lost
    just make sure that you put all your mods down and im sure he can help you get it tuned. Frost is great.

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

ok sounds good trying to get to computer long enough for forms to fill out thanks for all advise

Thread Information