Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Transmission shift Firmness HP Tuners

Alright guys iv been messing with HP Tuners trying to make my Transmission shift softer under normal driving but no matter what i do it shifts hard as crap... any ideas?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Did you buy the car new ? If not, do you know if the other owners did any trans work ? Your trans may have an aftermarket or modified valve body.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

No I didn't but I bought it stock. When I got it I don't remember it shifting this hard... I'm chirping 315s in to second gear at half throttle. Sig down low
    SLP lid w/K&N Filter, Free-Mods, LT-Headers, ORY-Pipe, V-Force Muffler, Frost Tune, AIR/EGR Delete, SFCs, Ported TB

My00Z28-----2000/Z28--------2.0331---8.4118 @ 86.83----12.9856 @ 107.15----NA------10/11

98 Formula
    06 duramax

any codes by chance? Some tranny codes will command max line pressure. What have you done so far to try and lower your line pressures? You can probably get what you want by scaling the lower end of the shift pressure table down a little at a time until you get it where you want it.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

No codes. I tried copying a trans pressure from another stock camaro along with the shift speed and 0 change? Am I messing with the wrong stuff? Does TM (torque management) affect firmness?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yes.....it pulls timing to reduce torque on shifts. At low rpm though I'm not sure it's doing much......sounds like you'll want to use that shift pressure table since you just want to limit it at low rpm. Ideally you'd log that to see where at on that table you want to start/stop the scaling. Just remove a small percentage at a time until it shifts how you want it to shift.

Impounded

yes
    yes

If you want technical information about your car performance or about its parts and accessories you could actually get access to this site. Plus you could post your questions and suggestions at this platform.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    No codes. I tried copying a trans pressure from another stock camaro along with the shift speed and 0 change? Am I messing with the wrong stuff? Does TM (torque management) affect firmness?

Keep in mind that the commanded pressure returns a force motor current value that becomes the PCS duty cycle.... If it's something that *I* tuned I'd be happy to make a quick change if you email me your current file. If not, make sure that your FMC table is set back to stock and tune it from there.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Ya I got the mail order tune from you and iv been tinkering with it lately to get it to shift softer on part throttle but it won't change. Iv even tried stock trans tunes on it?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Is it a 'built' trans? In the trans diag portion, make sure the items that cause a fault to full line pressure are disabled as well.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I'm actually at work doing mail orders and a harness today; if you want to shoot it over in email int he next couple hours I can have a quick look and let you know if it's in the file or not..

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

No it's not built but I am at work till 7:30 so I probably will not be able to send it to you till around 8...

Thread Information