Thread: Threw a code

Red
    04 GTO

Threw a code

Okay so my car just threw a engine code that says shift solenoid b stuck on. Has anyone ever had this code, what does it mean, and how do i get rid off it. I have a diablo by the way.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    Okay so my car just threw a engine code that says shift solenoid b stuck on. Has anyone ever had this code, what does it mean, and how do i get rid off it. I have a diablo by the way.
    what is the the code number? from what you gave it sounds like an internal trans problem...you were having problems getting you car to go into drive awhile ago werent you? that is probably related to it

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    what is the the code number? from what you gave it sounds like an internal trans problem...you were having problems getting you car to go into drive awhile ago werent you? that is probably related to it
    Shift solenoids are not internal parts, and they will cause erratic in and out of gear conditions and can mimic REAL internal issues.

I usually recommend when you get the code to just replace them all, they must have some age on them. This is a normal issue for the A4 guys and isn't a big deal.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Shift solenoids are not internal parts, and they will cause erratic in and out of gear conditions and can mimic REAL internal issues.

I usually recommend when you get the code to just replace them all, they must have some age on them. This is a normal issue for the A4 guys and isn't a big deal.
    thanks for the clearification frost...ive never had one apart or even really looked close at one

im an a4 guy so what kind of price are you looking at to replace them and any clue about usual mileage?

P0757? Do you have a high stall TC?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

maybe 35 bucks each, something around that. No set usual mileage, it just happens as they get older.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    maybe 35 bucks each, something around that. No set usual mileage, it just happens as they get older.
    oh ok thats not that bad lol I thought you were going to say a couple of hundred.
    are they the ones that can be upgraded to corvette solenoids?

Red
    04 GTO

Yes i have a 3500 stall but the tranny was upgraded to a stage 2 2 weeks ago why would they go out already, there supposed to be new.

I'm thinking it's possibly a tune issue, lots of people with higher stalls change the PCM to not report it - along with P0751. If you search P0757 in the auto trans section on ls1tech you'll find pages and pages of posts on it. Here's some more info on the code: www.ls2.com/boggs/a4/DTC%20P0757%205.7.htm Something else to try while you're figuring it out is driving around in town in 3rd to try and keep the code off. Talk to your tranny guys too. Hope this helps...
    A4(3.42)TA Cover/Nittos/Vig 3200/Corsa Catback/FTRA/BMR Boxed SFC, STB, ACLA, APHR/Predator Custom Tune...

Thread Information