nbm
    99 z28

are there any big differences in wideband kits?

I have hp tuners pro version. been looking around the forums and online shops like jegs,summit, ect. I see alot of people use a lc-1 kit that I believe innovate makes, but there are so many different brands in a wide price range. being that I am just a beginner to this tuning stuff I dont want to end up with more than i need,but something that is easy to use would be nice. jegs has a dual wide band air/fuel kit made by f.a.s.t. says that the dual sensors will give a more accurate reading of both banks. anyone on here ever use it?
    will pretty much any w/b controller work for a guy new to tuning?

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Great unit for a great price. HPtuners already has the formula for this wideband loaded in their software (among others)

http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/357

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    Great unit for a great price. HPtuners already has the formula for this wideband loaded in their software (among others)

http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/357
    is this one pretty easy to use?

Laugh while you can... mistermike's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Innovate widebands allow you to compensate for drift and inaccuracies in the D/A and A/D converters, as well as self calibrate. EFI Live will get you even closer, as the cable allows direct digital input from the WB controller if you're using and Innovate or PLX WB. Any WB that says it doesn't need calibration should be treated as a toy.

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
    Innovate widebands allow you to compensate for drift and inaccuracies in the D/A and A/D converters, as well as self calibrate. EFI Live will get you even closer, as the cable allows direct digital input from the WB controller if you're using and Innovate or PLX WB. Any WB that says it doesn't need calibration should be treated as a toy.
    ah. did not know that. this will help while I'm shopping around.

Thanks.

I use the LM-1 from Innovative. I needed the ability to hook this to other cars I have and this unit does that for me.
    If it's the only car you have and don't mind making it perminant then the LC-1 does the job.
    It would be nice to have an LC-1 in each car but that proposition gets rather expensive. Besides that, once it's set where it needs to be in the tune I don't really need to be staring at it all the time.

I'm happy with the Innovative products though, the LM-1 is a nice piece that has worked great for me for several years. I don't think you could go wrong with any of their widebands.

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I use the LM-1 from Innovative. I needed the ability to hook this to other cars I have and this unit does that for me.
    If it's the only car you have and don't mind making it perminant then the LC-1 does the job.
    It would be nice to have an LC-1 in each car but that proposition gets rather expensive. Besides that, once it's set where it needs to be in the tune I don't really need to be staring at it all the time.

I'm happy with the Innovative products though, the LM-1 is a nice piece that has worked great for me for several years. I don't think you could go wrong with any of their widebands.
    I was just looking at those. they have 1 that is a xd-16. that has ssi 4 multi sensor inter face. now being that I have hp tuner pro with that interface, would that be overkill or would it give me more flexibility later on? my car will most likely be the only car I tune.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyz28 View Post
    I was just looking at those. they have 1 that is a xd-16. that has ssi 4 multi sensor inter face. now being that I have hp tuner pro with that interface, would that be overkill or would it give me more flexibility later on? my car will most likely be the only car I tune.
    That I'm not sure,,,you just went right over my head with the xd-16 talk

But if thats the only car you are going to tune then that LC-1 gauge might be good for you.
    I use the LM-1 on my old carbed stuff and had the LM-1 long before I even owned a 4th gen. Now I also have 2 4th gens that I seem to jump back and forth on tuning so it's nice for me to have a mobil wideband that I can use from car to car.

Orion and/or Frost is probably a good person to ask about the xd-16 stuff and how it works. They have helped me out a ton getting me up and running with the software.

nbm
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That I'm not sure,,,you just went right over my head with the xd-16 talk

But if thats the only car you are going to tune then that LC-1 gauge might be good for you.
    I use the LM-1 on my old carbed stuff and had the LM-1 long before I even owned a 4th gen. Now I also have 2 4th gens that I seem to jump back and forth on tuning so it's nice for me to have a mobil wideband that I can use from car to car.

Orion and/or Frost is probably a good person to ask about the xd-16 stuff and how it works. They have helped me out a ton getting me up and running with the software.
    sorry bout all that. I was lookin at the jegs website at the time.
    that xd-16 is like the lc-1 but allows you to add 4 more inputs to it from other sensors. its about 10 bucks more but doesn't come with the guage. either one I'm sure will be o.k.

Thread Information