Red
    '02 Camaro SS

SLP vs. DiabloSport Tuner

Hello, I recently bought a DiabloSport Tuner model #U7198 and forgot about the DiabloSport II Predator SLE-27007T tuner that SLP has that is "supposed" to be specifically for my car. Does anyone know the difference between these two tuners? Thanks and if interested the only things I am doing to the car are putting LT headers, 3" y-pipe and changing the plugs and wires since the headers will be off. Any help will be appreciated.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Difference between the two?

I have the U7198 and it will do anything that I required on the 2000 Z28. Simple to operate. Not sure what tune SLP has loaded but I suspect there isn't much if any difference between the two.
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Red
    '02 Camaro SS

That's what I figured, it's probably just a case of SLP paying to put their name on it and MAYBE they made a few adjustments. I was going to call Diablo and see what they had to say about it. And if it is a significant difference see if they can reprogram the U7198 and how much? How do you like the way it made your car perform? Do you actually get the fuel mileage gains they talk about? Is there advice you can give and what else have you done to the car? All I'm doing is putting on headers and ORY. My curiosity for power gains will kill the cats, and satisfaction will definitely NOT bring them back.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Red
    '02 Camaro SS

Thanks. I've seen that on SLP's website, but the one I bought can do all of those same things. The difference would have to be in the program that downloads to the computer from the handheld. But, if I am thinking correctly, the SLP download can be matched by manually adjusting the parameters of the regular handheld. The trick is going to be getting the parameters of the SLP handheld. That gives me an idea.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Good luck with it! and let me know the results when you getting it working.

Red
    '02 Camaro SS

No problemo.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

I Like the #U7198

I have put the bolt-ons and tune without a base dyno number. I plan to but it on the machine after the first of the year. I do think it pulled harder with the tune. I don't really care about gas mileage with the M6 as it seems to do well and I haven't taken it on a trip. I got my U7198 off EBay and it had been sent back for updates prior to sell. It will remove O2's and all that neat stuff. I think it was $350 well spent. A lot of capabilty that I am not comfortable performing but so far no need.
    Last edited by 89LX; 12-11-2006 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes, keep us updated on the Predator. I recently installed my Hooker LT and ORY and am debating about a Predator or some other tune. I have M6 also.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

For anybody curious about buying one of these programmers, check out www.ws6store.com. I don't work for them or anything, they just treated me awesome when I had questions, and had the lowest price and shipping of any place I looked (by $60).

White
    2000 Trans AM

I bought the SLP version. I called and asked and all they said was it was a modified tune by SLP. No telling what they changed or how small of a change it was. However any change they made to the Diablo tune and guess what...
    now they can charge $100-$150 more. If I had to do it again I'd just by the normal one. I never really seen any difference.

Just my 2 cents

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I wouldn't purchase either personally.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I watched car lose HP with the Diablo's canned toon just last week. It was a full boltons GTO and it KNOCKED LIKE MAD with the handheld tune on it. The OEM tune made more on the dyno and didn't sound like a diesel.

I don't know how they get away with such...

Thread Information