Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Angry Please help ASAP/ Reduced Engine Power

2002 Z06 in my sig. I had just washed my engine and was headed home not driving very aggressive and no sounds, no pops, no jerks, but the information center starts going crazy with code. Reduced Engine Power / Service Traction Sys / Service Active Handling - Codes:10-PCM P1120 H C(Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1 circuit), 10-PCM P1220 H C (Throttle Position Sensor 1-2 Correlation), 28-TCS C1278 H (TCS Temporarily Inhibited by PCM), 99-HVAC B0338 H C (Inside Air Temp Sensor Open) I,ve gone through the resets but everything comes back. Any suggestions for how to clear the reduced power and TCS problems? I believe the P1120 & P1220 are a result of the reduced power mode. What the heck is inside air temp sensor open on the HVAC. I noticed the display panel for HVAC has most of the light not on at night. I just bought this car. Any advise besides take it the a dealer would be appreciated. If that's the only thing to do from here I will.

Thanks.
    02' Z06 EB/EB 4.6K miles, Longtubes, Off-road X, Pypes X-back, Blackwing CAI, Comp. Cam 238/240-.605/.609-112LSA, Comp. Beehive Springs, Comp. Titanium Retainers, Comp. Perf. Push Rods, Comp. Billet Double Roller Timing Chain, Hurst Short Throw, Cray 19"/20" w/ Toyo Proxes4 265/30/19's & 295/30/20's

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

sounds like you got the TPS sensor wet. remove the connector and see if there is water inside of it.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    sounds like you got the TPS sensor wet. remove the connector and see if there is water inside of it.
    Do you know where it is located. Can I reset the reduced power mode if that's the problem?

Thanks

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

its located on the side of the throttle body which is at the inlet of the engine, follow the intake too it, not being sarcastic just being clear,

aslo you may have just wet the pcm or something similar, try disconecting the batter for about 10-20 minutes and hook it back up and drive it your problem may go away, this is of course that you think the engine is dry, maybe pop your hood and let it sit out in the sun for a bit

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    its located on the side of the throttle body which is at the inlet of the engine, follow the intake too it, not being sarcastic just being clear,

aslo you may have just wet the pcm or something similar, try disconecting the batter for about 10-20 minutes and hook it back up and drive it your problem may go away, this is of course that you think the engine is dry, maybe pop your hood and let it sit out in the sun for a bit
    Thanks man. Will disconecting the battery wipe out my custom tune?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i figured that you had one since you got a blower and all that, and you will be fine, that tune is written into the computer, basically if you are familiar with computers you just restarting your computer, in a sense. your custom tune was written in the pcm in place of the factory tune so the only way it would go away is by re writing the factory tune

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i hope this clears that up, i am pretty sure it will how long ago did you wet down the engine? ,

also in the future some simple green and a soft bristled brush will go along way with cleaning the top of the motor and inner fenders, and just a light rinse using some good common sense to keep direct water flow off of electrical connections and or fuse box and pcm

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

i hope this clears that up, i am pretty sure it will how long ago did you wet down the engine? ,

also in the future some simple green and a soft bristled brush will go along way with cleaning the top of the motor and inner fenders, and just a light rinse using some good common sense to keep direct water flow off of electrical connections and or fuse box and pcm
    I did it last night. I'll keep it dry and use compressed air to blow it out. No more pressure washing for me. Thanks man.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

no prob, dont thank me yet your not outta the woods lol, but i think this will clear things up for you

Red
    2001 ws6

just sell me the car for say...10 g's? and then u wont have anymore problems haha....na let it sit out like said above u prob just got a connector wet

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

come on man all this help i give, lets see some pics of the sick ride, itll make me happy

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    I did it last night. I'll keep it dry and use compressed air to blow it out. No more pressure washing for me. Thanks man.
    lesson learned??
    One other thing to keep notice of is your drain on your cowl. The vettes have a history of that drain getting plugged up and water overflows right onto the cars pcm and it'll throw tons of odd codes. Just something to keep an eye on.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

come on man all this help i give, lets see some pics of the sick ride, itll make me happy
    I'm trying but all my jpegs are too big. I'll try to resize.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Question Pictures

Go to the kill forum and look up my thread titled new top speed in my 02' Z06. I posted pictures at the bottom of page one and it tells me that I have exceeded my allowable attachments when I try to put them here too.

Thread Information