Black
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk

PCM Tune on your hawk?

Will a tune on my bone stock 2002 Hawk have any benefit's? What is involved ,how much money,etc..? Very curious , its all new to me!

Troy......

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 02 HAWK View Post
    Will a tune on my bone stock 2002 Hawk have any benefit's? What is involved ,how much money,etc..? Very curious , its all new to me!

Troy......
    While any factory car will benefit from a tune, it may not be worth it. There are some cars that see greater gains then others, GTO's being one and the newer C6's. A full dyno tune can range anywhere from 400-600. I would say, if your planning any more modifications to the car, the tune is not a good idea. I would do longtube headers and exhaust at least before paying for a tune. That said,

www.tunedbyfrost.com is a sponsor here. He does great work with mail order tunes. This is were you remove your PCM from your car, send it to him and makes changes based on your modifications. If your an automatic, he can play around with shift points and firm them up. This is a much cheaper alternative with the cost of only 125 dollars. Send Frost a PM or email with your goals.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I recently asked a similar question. Seems that the general though is that a stock LS1 can probably see a 10rwhp gain from a tune. I've seen MUCH larger gains when mods are involved. some people who are full bolt on running stock tunes have picked up dozens of wheel hp when they went and had the computer learn to play nice.

That said 10rwhp now will still be a bit more when you get more mods installed since the computer is already a bit more aggressive. Also after you have enough mods I've heard having a mail order reflash isn't too expensive. The computer needs to grow with the car. At the moment i'm contemplating going through with some of the free mods and maybe getting a mail order tune when the winter sets in. come springtime I might be in the market for headers that will play nice with any future plans of an engine swap.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

I'm planning on doing my mail in frost tuning next week but plan on doing lid long tubes and possible ory should i wait till those are installed after i send it in then?

1998 m6 catback free ram air mod

Thread Information