Thread: PCM for less?

Black
    1995 Camaro Z28

PCM for less?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has used PCMforless? If so was it worth the money or would it be a better investment for a handheld? Most mods are intake related with a catback. Nothing too serious yet.

1996 Camaro LT1 Z28 A4
    8.65 @ 83 1/8th mile
    260 WRHP & 285 WRTQ

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

I don't have one but the dyno numbers they have on their site are pretty impressive. I remember seeing a few completely stock cars making 20hp with their pcm tune.

99 Firebird Formula

I always like the idea of going with a professional instead of just buying a handheld tuner. Handhelds can run up to $400, and then you have no idea if you're even getting the most power from your car. I remember this one dyno day we had where this guy showed up with a Diablo, he thought it was the shit. He just wanted to run on the dyno to get some #'s...he gained ONE hp from it, which is negligible seeing as the 1 hp difference could have been from the car cooling for a minute or two...he ended up buying a dynotune from PCMforless (who was on location that day) and 18hp later he was a happy man...

Not to mention the fact that if you add headers, etc their updates are affordable.

Black
    1995 Camaro Z28

great info

Thanks for the input. I ran into a great deal Friday night at test and tune at Dothan Dragway. A guy offered me his Hypertech for 50 bucks, and said he would unlock it let me install and play before i bought, so being as its so cheap and i dont have major bolt ons at the moment im gonna go that route for now. Thanks alot guys.

peweter metallic
    2002 camaro Z28 M6

hey was just wondering i have a pcm tune computer coming do you guy's think i should tell them i may add SLP Cold Air Induction Package before they send it to me? thanks

99 Firebird Formula

Nah, that wouldn't make a difference unless you were changing the MAF as well.

peweter metallic
    2002 camaro Z28 M6

i did change the maf but told them about that

red
    2000 camaro ss

would you use the pcm if you had a cam,headers slp lid or would i need a ls1 edit i want a pcm because they are cheap.

99 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by fast00ls1
    would you use the pcm if you had a cam,headers slp lid or would i need a ls1 edit i want a pcm because they are cheap.
    ??? You always have a PCM. Your car doesn't run without it.

I don't suggest tuning the car yourself with LS1Edit or anything else if you do not know what you are doing. It is a recipe for disaster. You can get a dyno tune or a mail order tune from a professional, one of which happens to be pcmforless, I think you are confusing them with the PCM itself. They are just people that tune cars.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Where Do U Go For A Pcm Tune?? Who Does It And How Much Does It Cost??

Black
    1995 Camaro Z28

go to www.pcmforless.com and look around. the tuning costs $175.00 if you send your computer in first. but if your like me then your camaro is your daily driver. so im having to send the extra $125 for the core charge. and as soon as i get the computer installed and send mine back then i get my $125 back. all in all it will cost $175 and get anywhere from 15-25 hp in about a weeks worth of waiting.

Thread Information